Willie Fritz to GSU

The end for the triple option in Statesboro? The last time that happened, it didn't turn out so good.

Has he announced that he's ridding of the 3-O?

way too many first names used as last names in this thread. plus fake legs. all around burdensome to read, D-

Hey, I'm from south Georgia. Whaddaya want?

As for Fritz, he's got a good enough track record. But fan base split over the FBS move (judging by Paul Barkley's messageboard, not much of a split. Judging by other conversations with many fans who are not members of said board, very, very split) is about to get cleaved over the option/no option.

From Sam Houston State

Didn't know Georgia State hired someone today, interesting. What's also interesting is that it's the same person Georgia Southern (GaSo) hired! This sport does crazy things sometimes. It must have been like O'Leary at ND, except 1/10th the time!

LOL Even Georgia Sothern understands that they need to drop the triple option, now that they are moving to FBS.

LOL Even Georgia Sothern understands that they need to drop the triple option, now that they are moving to FBS.

Fail. What good trip OP coach were they going to hire exactly. Not exactly a pool of them to choose from.

Twit.

i dunno... i think with the 3/o, their offense is going to be...

*puts on glasses*

on the fritz :cool:

Correction: even GA Southern buys into the myth that the Wishbone can't be successful at the FBS level despite beating Florida with it less than 2 months ago.

Correction: even GA Southern buys into the myth that the Wishbone can't be successful at the FBS level despite beating the worst Florida team in 50 years less than 2 months ago.

ftfy.

not to take away anything from ga so, but it's not like they beat a top 25 team.

Apparently they did if you look at the rankings for 2014. :eekfacepalm:

There is a press conference at noon today, I think it is. I'm sure the AD and the new coach will be asked many questions about this. Is it possible that this guy could retain or hire enough TO offensive coaches to keep it, even if it's not in his background? I dunno.

My reading of Ga Southern fans is they don't care if the coach is a yellow dog so long as he runs the TO. It will be a hard sell for the AD if they change that.

Back