Willie Fritz to GSU

I'd wait to see who he brings in as OC before proclaiming death of the option. SHSt ran a lot of shotgun option concepts, including "looping" a back behind the QB and back. Not that dissimilar....except for that they threw a lot more out of that formation.

So if Fritz does what he believe, which coaches have to, does that mean that GaSo fans will further invade us with their support, and demand we lock in with what we have?

Listening to the press conference now. They keep saying "We found a coach that will stay true to our tradition, yet we will allow him to put his own stamp on our school."

But the second Fritz stepped on the podium, he said "Triple. Option."

Man. I'm a student at GSU, and I hope to god he rids of it.

Listening to the press conference now. They keep saying "We found a coach that will stay true to our tradition, yet we will allow him to put his own stamp on our school."

But the second Fritz stepped on the podium, he said "Triple. Option."

Did he say triple option in the same sentence?

"We're a triple option type team. We just do it a bit differently. We're more of pistol and shotgun oriented offense." Went on to say, that he'll decide on certain changes based on the players he has.

Wish someone else would talk like that..

dont say that on this board, you will be frowned upon and called a bad fan

Right. I'll head on over to "GTCrew4b on Improving the Quality of the Fanbase (Volume 1)"

"We're a triple option type team. We just do it a bit differently. We're more of pistol and shotgun oriented offense." Went on to say, that he'll decide on certain changes based on the players he has.

Wish someone else would talk like that..

man, i feel like i kept hearing "change" in the same sentence as "reduce"

While I have no dog in the fight, if I was a Southern fan and wanted to keep the same system, then Jasper would have been my preference.

Ivin made $550K at Navy.
Fritz will make $300K at Southern, same as they offered Monken.

Southern fans I know - and I happen to be one - wanted to keep the offense. I'd rather win, no matter what the offense is, and I am a 3O fan. Southern didn't run a whole bunch of the base spread option this year (B back, slots to either side, QB under center). And boy are they gonna miss Jerick McKinnon next year. One of my favorite players ever to put on the blue and white.

The troubling thing is the AD said afterward if you went seven to eight games at that level, it's a good season. And Southern has NC State, Navy and Tech along with the Sun Belt schedule (and Savannah State) in 2014. He also said the money is there for the move to FBS. He's the only person I know at Southern saying that because everybody else I know at and around the school says differently.

I think Fritz will do a good job, in time. Wonder how many of their prospects they will keep with the new staff and how soon he can build up contacts and relationships in Georgia and Florida high schools, Southern's primary hunting ground for players.

One more thing ... that SportsCenter worst of the worst, with the two Florida guys blocking each other? The embarrassing thing isn't two Gators blocking each other. It's having at least two unblocked defenders and still giving up a first down on second and 6. Watch the clip through - they get a first down with at least two unblocked defenders.

You hope to get rid of the option?

Ivin made $550K at Navy.
Fritz will make $300K at Southern, same as they offered Monken.

That is incorrect, unless they told Monken they were reducing his salary for 2014. Hatcher made in excess of $400k, and Monken's final salary was higher than Hatcher's (no surprise or complaints about that).

Back