Willie Taggart Ded

tenor.png

Minnesota has a really nice campus - it blends right into that part of town, but it is also across the Mississippi so it isn't as developed as the downtown section. Cool stadium, but it is a generic Big 10 stadium. Very much just a bowl with no other discernible features. Kind of reminds me of David Wade if you completed the bowl under the big screen. Terrible tailgating, though. There are zero parking lots or green space near the stadium. Literally zero.

What's weird about Fleck is that he is so antithetical to the Twin Cities. The school is blocks from the old Pilsbury mill. It's very much a Midwestern town - old school, not showy, built on union labor and Midwestern commodities. Fleck is such a try hard... just a weird combo.
Ummmm...Minnesota is 8-0? Maybe his trying hard is working out.

Would we realistically take any of the ones mentioned? Running low on spots I assume. Need to be selective. If they flounder in mediocrity then it could only help us build the roster.
We'd take Isiah Dunson...a 4-star receiver who can fly with good hands. Good kid, too. I coached his older brother in baseball at East Cobb and he's still playing college ball on scholarship, too. Dad is also the AD for all of Dekalb County. He would be a great pickup all the way around.

Interesting that the writer thinks GT might benefit as the only out of state program mentioned. Is our FL presence strengthening that much or are our needs that glaring? I'll take "yes and yes" for 2000, Alex.
Two of the three kids he mentions with respect to GT are kids from Georgia.

I think the major benefit will be getting a head start against Free Shoes on 2021 kids, since the 2020 class is essentially out of bees for new candidates.

Marco Coleman is still remembered in South Florida from his Miami days, and that is where the writer thinks FSU most needs to improve.

Brent Key was in central Florida for a decade, and worked it for Bama, too. Popovich played and GA'ed at Miami, played for the Bucs, and coached a little in Florida. Kerry Dixon coached a lot in Florida, and has contacts. Thacker coached down there a bit.

The big man was a coordinator in Gainesville.

Yeah, we should be able to cast our nets in the state of Florida.

I think the major benefit will be getting a head start against Free Shoes on 2021 kids, since the 2020 class is essentially out of bees for new candidates.

Marco Coleman is still remembered in South Florida from his Miami days, and that is where the writer thinks FSU most needs to improve.

Brent Key was in central Florida for a decade, and worked it for Bama, too. Popovich played and GA'ed at Miami, played for the Bucs, and coached a little in Florida. Kerry Dixon coached a lot in Florida, and has contacts. Thacker coached down there a bit.

The big man was a coordinator in Gainesville.

Yeah, we should be able to cast our nets in the state of Florida.

Shedeur Sanders from TX comes to mind. Big position of need and he's shown as an FSU lean.

Could go after Frost. He knows how to recruit Florida and he has a better path to a national championship at FSU

Article on just have bad FSU's situation is:

The new Florida State coach is projecting to jump off a plank and hope it works out at a place that needs a DeLorean to catch up. To established coaches who preach alignment, stability and relationships, that’s a non-starter. Urban Meyer’s name shouldn’t be mentioned here, and that has nothing to do with Coburn’s clumsy “hit by a bus” comments that exposed his naïveté to the nature of coaching searches.

Meyer would be more likely to go back to the MAC than walk into the administrative mess at Florida State.

Also, Florida State finally announced a restructuring to bring the Seminole Boosters into the athletic department. This is stuff that’s kept FSU so lodged in the past, as this transition should have happened back when SMU was giving out cars to recruits.

What happens when you have this level of administrative uncertainty? You end up paying more than $3 million to hire Willie Taggart (in addition to another $1.3 million to South Florida for the remainder of that deal) and then fork over more than $20 million to buy out him and his entire staff. That’s not just expensive ineptitude, it’s historic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...r-firing-willie-taggart/ar-AAJNr0P?li=BBnb7Kz

Article also lists potential candidates.

Back