At least 9 wins: 2%
10 wins: 0.1%

Exactly 5 wins: 8%
Exactly 6 wins: 37%
Exactly 7 wins: 38%
Exactly 8 wins: 15%
Exactly 9 wins: 2%
Exactly 10 wins: 0.1%

So our probability of becoming bowl eligible at 6 wins is 92%. If I did the math right.

Plus I hate the fighting hunchbacks
There haven’t been enough wins in the series with ND
It goes back a long time

If we win out and finish 10-2, would we have a chance to get in the ACCCG and the playoffs?

If we win out and finish 10-2, would we have a chance to get in the ACCCG and the playoffs?
It’s hard to tell because of the potential log jam at the top of the ACC standings. We only have only have 3 conference games left but the rest of the conference is just now starting the meat of their conference games. SMU has a cake walk and doesn’t play Clemson or Miami. Syracuse and Louisville beat us in head to head tie breakers if they only maintain 2 losses. We’ll need to win out in the ACC and have a lot of help to make it to the ACCCG.

I wanted Chan fired because he could only win 6/7 games a year and couldn't beat UGA, and now I'm feeling great if we get 6 wins. Thanks, Geoff Collins!
It is but a temporary state of affairs.

UPDATED PROBABILITIES - OCTOBER 13TH

At least 5 wins: 100%
At least 6 wins: 94% (+2%)
At least 7 wins: 60% (+5%)
At least 8 wins: 20% (+3%)
At least 9 wins: 3% (+1%)
10 wins: 0.2% (+0.1%)

Exactly 5 wins: 6% (-2%)
Exactly 6 wins: 34% (-3%)
Exactly 7 wins: 39% (+1%)
Exactly 8 wins: 17% (+2%)
Exactly 9 wins: 3% (+1%)
Exactly 10 wins: 0.2% (+0.1%)

ESPN's Matchup Predictor seems to see us as a little stronger after our UNC win, as would be expected.

ACC standings are strange - we’ve played five conference games already, and six teams have played only two.
IMG_6493.jpeg

Too much troll not enough ball from Cal.

None of the teams on our schedule look unbeatable at this point. I'm hoping Miami is 9-0 when we play them and we get an 8 PM kickoff with temperatures in the 40s.

None of them look like sure wins either. To pull a line from Paul Johnson's book ... they better rep the fool outta special teams this week.

ESPN FPI probabilities for our 5 remaining games:

ND - 16.6%
VT - 39.3%
Miami - 29.3%
NC ST - 80.4%
Georgia - 11.5%

ESPN has us at 6-6 with beating NC State.

Bowl Projections 10/13/2024::
CBS- Jerry Palm
Dec. 28Militaryteam logo
Georgia Tech
vs.
team logo
Memphis
ACC vs. AAC

247:
Holiday Bowl

Projection: Georgia Tech vs. Washington

The Yellow Jackets' notable win at North Carolina puts Georgia Tech one victory shy of bowl eligibility through seven games with a showdown against Notre Dame on the horizon. The back end of the slate is loaded with quality competition. Washington stubbed its toe at Iowa a week after clubbing Michigan at home — such is life in the Big Ten.

collegefootballnetwork.com:
ReliaQuest Bowl
Georgia Tech vs. Michigan

Back