winston putting hands on ref.....

What an idiot. Unless a ref just blinded you with a flag, you have to be a mental infant to do something like that.

Only time I ever felt it was justified to hit a ref. I think that guys career ended shortly after that incident...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was awesome, but I agree it should have been a flag. The ref probably let it go because by the time he got pushed out of the way BC had subbed. FSU probably didn't get any breaks on holding calls after that.

Maybe it's the young in me but I don't seem to hate FSU as much as you guys. They've done shady öööö over the years no doubt, but I don't dislike them anywhere near as much as most SEC schools. Winston is a dumb ass too, but this just seems needless. Give him a penalty, sure, but suspension is crazy.

Tech had a kid booted from the team due to rape allegations. Charges were dropped and he came back to the team the next season - missed out on a year.

I think Winston would have to go to the sideline after a touchdown and sexual assault a cheerleader on national TV before he would be suspended.

And we suspended Reuben Houston and they got a court order to make Tech put him back on the team. And just lost 4 d-linemen for not studying or smoking pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the young in me but I don't seem to hate FSU as much as you guys. They've done shady öööö over the years no doubt, but I don't dislike them anywhere near as much as most SEC schools. Winston is a dumb ass too, but this just seems needless. Give him a penalty, sure, but suspension is crazy.

It's the young in you. FSU is basically an SEC school in character. They cheat in every way they can and their players are all criminals. They played a 28-year-old man against us one year.

I don't think he should be suspended. I want him to play when Tech plays FSU. I'm just pointing out that he is a dumbass but that has probably already been determined in most people's minds.

he was just havin a teenage dream with dat ref.

I didn't understand why the ref was between Winston and the center rather than the standing over the ball. The ref being an idiot and knowing he wasn't supposed to be touching JW either is why he didn't throw a flag

I didn't understand why the ref was between Winston and the center rather than the standing over the ball. The ref being an idiot and knowing he wasn't supposed to be touching JW either is why he didn't throw a flag

Because in this age of hurryup, if the offense does a quick substitution, then the refs will allow the defense to substitute, by rule. the ref will stand over the ball to allow the defense the chance.

Because in this age of hurryup, if the offense does a quick substitution, then the refs will allow the defense to substitute, by rule. the ref will stand over the ball to allow the defense the chance.

He didn't stand over the ball, he instead stood between JW and the center. The ref F'd up which is why he didn't throw a flag. He should have never been in that situation. And yes, I realize the unintended irony of how many would say the same about the girl that got raped. In no way am I condoning the rape thing or this for that matter, just explaining why there wasnt a flag.

He didn't stand over the ball, he instead stood between JW and the center. The ref F'd up which is why he didn't throw a flag. He should have never been in that situation.
over the ball, in front of the criminal, you get the idea.

I think the ref realized how lucky he was that he didn't raped as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amazing to me how many people still think he raped that girl, after she still went to all the games and cheered him on after the incident, has a lengthy record of throwing around false accusations, tried to extort him for millions, and he was never even charged... that's a hefty accusation to throw at someone when the only evidence is a girl trying to get a paycheck

amazing to me how many people still think he raped that girl, after she still went to all the games and cheered him on after the incident, has a lengthy record of throwing around false accusations, tried to extort him for millions, and he was never even charged... that's a hefty accusation to throw at someone when the only evidence is a girl trying to get a paycheck

And that's also a lot of BS you just put out there.

FSU is going to get hammered because they didn't follow proper procedure in investigating. Not by the NCAA. But by the authorities that enforce title IX.

Neither Winston, nor the accuser, were given a proper investigation in a timely fashion.

AS for "extortion," if you believe everything a criminal defense attorney tweets out I have some internet stocks from the future to sell you.

People shouldn't say he's a rapist. Because that's saying something that they don't know. Just like you've done here.

Fair enough, but the girl throwing out the accusations is fairly well-known around there. I have a lot of friends that weren't in the same circle as her but are well aware of who she is and what her MO is. Perfectly valid that I shouldn't say she's crying wolf without absolute proof that that is the case, but people labeling someone a rapist when there is no evidence besides a shady character claiming so, way after the incident (but right after he got famous) is a really awful thing to do.

Fair enough, but the girl throwing out the accusations is fairly well-known around there. I have a lot of friends that weren't in the same circle as her but are well aware of who she is and what her MO is. Perfectly valid that I shouldn't say she's crying wolf without absolute proof that that is the case, but people labeling someone a rapist when there is no evidence besides a shady character claiming so, way after the incident (but right after he got famous) is a really awful thing to do.

The guy who is accused is also fairly well-known to be a POS spoiled and protected by the FSU administration.

Gurley is a worse person than Winston, based on what we know. He cheated and ultimately cost his team an important game. $3000 in illicit autograph sales is worse than $20 of crab legs. Fortunately karma is juster than public opinion.

yes, but to label him as a rapist is a big jump
It's only as bad as all the unproven rumors you just shared. You are as bad as them.

If you have proof for those allegations, go ahead and share. If not, you are doing the same thing.

Back