wonderful sense of humor floating around this board

GTLEE - I forgot that one, thanks for reminding me.

Once when Ohio State was going to the Rose Bowl a reporter asked Woody Hayes' wife if she ever served him cereal for breakfast. No, she replied, he always loses the bowl.

Ylojk8,,,
I see you are at it again! You seem to have a vendettta you can't control. The joke was funny and your assumptions are what cause controversy on this board. For you to bring up my meeting with a player and using it like an attack dog again is a seething indictment of you as a person!

As I said in my post yesterday ... you ARE the negativity on this board!

MsTechAnalysis .. it's great that you see humor in a joke where our head coach is compared literally to an asshole. i guess your ability to do that is not seething indictment of you as a person!

like i said, you're a classy individual.

and yes .. next time you see Greg Gathers, please share this joke with him and share his reaction with us.

after all this joke is funny, anybody should be able to see humor in this joke. the problem is not with the joke, the problem is with me right.

i have a negative vendetta towards you but Greg Gathers doesn't. share this joke with him!

My support of GT never started out because there was a coach here I liked! It was because I saw something special in this school and then its athletics. Who ever happened to be coaching was a part of the equation.

And because I'm a mother, I will gravitate to the feelings of the players when the goings get rough then I would the coaches! It's instinctive and you are way out of bounds in any assessment of me and why I would do anything. You really need to get your act together because this is not a forum for your ASSUMPTIONS!

I will say one last thing to you in this post - I have close relationships with former Tech players - my daughter's father is a former Tech player. Her godfather is a former player, our extended family is made up of former players. I will always feel more for them then a coach who didn't get the job done this year!

My support of GT never started out because there was a coach here I liked! It was because I saw something special in this school and then its athletics. Who ever happened to be coaching was a part of the equation.

And because I'm a mother, I will gravitate to the feelings of the players when the goings get rough then I would the coaches! It's instinctive and you are way out of bounds in any assessment of me and why I would do anything. You really need to get your act together because this is not a forum for your ASSUMPTIONS!

I will say one last thing to you in this post - I have close relationships with former Tech players - my daughter's father is a former Tech player. Her godfather is a former player, our extended family is made up of former players. I will always feel more for them then a coach who didn't get the job done this year!

wonderful .. great that you love Tech.

can you explain to me what ASSUMPTIONS you are talking about? what assumptions have you ASSUMED that i have made lady?

super that you have a close relationship with many Tech players. super that you are a mother and have maternal instincts.

so Greg Gathers is like your son. share a little joke with him. go and share this joke with him and share with us what he thought about this joke.

tell him that you thought it was funny. share with us what he thought about you when you told him that.

The joke was funny!!! Plain and VERY SIMPLE!
pat.gif

can't believe i made the post that i just edited .. this is getting way out of hand

Originally posted by goldeagle:
Time to move on down the road folks!

Selah.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm thinking it's time to move on down the road from StinGTalk. Seeing a "joke" like the one Buck posted, and the positive response to it, then the negative response to ylo when he called a spade a spade, makes me wonder what I'm doing with such "fans". I don't mean that there isn't a lot of good football talk, and a lot of good people (including, I'm sure, those who found the "joke" funny) here: there is and there are. Still, this was an attack on one of ours, our coach, and it was not in any way constructive or reasonably critical, it was just nasty.

Before Beeware starts bawling and squauling about his precious right to an opinion, let me repeat, you can have any opinion you want; but I've got better things to do than hang out on a Tech board with "fans" like those who think Buck's "joke" is "funny" when told about a Tech coach.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Before Beeware starts bawling and squauling about his precious right to an opinion...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">belly,
I stand up for everyone's right to have an opinion.

And I respect your opinion.

The joke was funny....and it came at a time when the board needed a laugh. I did not post the joke...but I did laugh.

A little laughter is a whole lot better than crying or pouting over what is happening to our football program.

it is amazing, you're right belly .. forget wondering about what you're doing hanging with these Tech "fans" here with their wonderful sense of humor. might as well hang out with UGA, Auburn and FSU fans like the ones Beeware hangs out with.

this wonderful joke which brought a much needed laugh to this awesome collection of classy, wholesome Tech "fans" would be even more funny to the company that beeware keeps.

"statelinejacket: just ignore the driveler". what exactly is your definition of drivel man? you're the local guru on drivel .. how would you classify the "much needed" joke?

and MsTechAnalysis, i will have to give up on you, because you have no sense of self. you can judge others but you cannot judge yourself. you cannot see the irony in your actions. you hate it when personal attacks are made on others but you have no problem finding humor in a personal attack in the disguise of a joke. nice icon you used which shows you slapping your head with your hand, maybe you knocked some sense into yourself.

Back