Word on the Street...

MustangGT

Flats Noob
Word on the Street...Saban to Alabama

According to a Hiver, someone posted an article on the Premium Board that rumored Nick Saban's interest in the West Virginia job. He has apparently said that he was unhappy at Alabama and would even be willing to take a small pay cut to go there. Interesting to say the least. I hope Chris Jackson sees this.

Last edited:
According to a Hiver, someone posted an article on the Premium Board that rumored Nick Saban's interest in the West Virginia job. He has apparently said that he was unhappy at Alabama and would even be willing to take a small pay cut to go there. Interesting to say the least. I hope Chris Jackson sees this.

if REMOTELY true why would anyone want to play for this "1 year wonder" no integrity joke?

Quote from the article "These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU"

LOL...recapture LSU in 1 year???

This has got to be a joke or bad rumor. For some reason...i don't buy it.

http://wbgv.wordpress.com/2007/12/17/nick-sabans-agent-contacts-wvu/

makes sense, WVU job should be pretty hot since WVU is the biggest power in a BCS conference with poor competition. It's certainly easier than getting Alabama compete with the powers in SEC.

I didn't know that Saban was from West Virginia. According to one comment, Saban does not have a buyout clause in hia contract at Alabama. That could be a huge factor. If his interest is true, WV could probably get him if they wanted him. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one...

He just wants to be able to beat up on South Florida because they will take anyone he says and its not fair. LOL. Dang those tough ALABAMER restrictions!!!

Does this mean that Bobby Petrino is the front runner for the Alabama job?

another rumor has it that bammey is going to replace him with Paul Johnson.

Hive Poster, BornAJacket, says that it has been confirmed. Take it for what it's worth...

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed.

You would think this situation would help us as far as Chris Jackson's decision tomorrow is concerned.

Which AJC writer called our recruits about CG being fired? Maybe he needs to be calling about Saban - we can't with it being the dead period.

Which AJC writer called our recruits about CG being fired? Maybe he needs to be calling about Saban - we can't with it being the dead period.

If there's any validity to this I think they'll find out soon enough. Even if there's not they'll probably hear about it.

Huh? His contract is for longer than 1 year, is it not? Would WV be willing to pay the rest of Saban's Bama contract? I just can't see how this could work.

Back