Would The Same Defense We Used Against Clemson Work Against UNC?

We best hope that UNC's OL has a terrible outing like they did against VT. Whether it was because of something VT did, a poor performance by UNC's OL or both I don't know.

Someone needs to borrow Zeek Biggers car, total it, and pin it on Sam Howell.

1632414278936.gif

I think the timing on this game might be alright. UNC has scored 59 points in each of their last two games, so they should be feeling really confident. MBS will be a different vibe than what they are accustomed to. Otherwise, I don't feel very good about this matchup.

I think the timing on this game might be alright. UNC has scored 59 points in each of their last two games, so they should be feeling really confident. MBS will be a different vibe than what they are accustomed to. Otherwise, I don't feel very good about this matchup.
Me neither.

When’s the last time a GT team w/ a non-dynamic offense beat an opposing team who has a future NFL QB?

Me neither.

When’s the last time a GT team w/ a non-dynamic offense beat an opposing team who has a future NFL QB?
What's your definition of "non dynamic"? We beat 9-0 NC State with Phillip Rivers at QB in 2002

What's your definition of "non dynamic"? We beat 9-0 NC State with Phillip Rivers at QB in 2002
Perfect example. That’s probably the last time we did beat a great QB without having a dynamic offense.

And yes, Gailey never had one despite having the greatest WR in history.

Me neither.

What about 1962 at Grant Field, when Dodd's Jackets beat undefeated number one Alabama and their future Super Bowl winning QB, Joe Namath, by a score of 7-6? It might not be the last time, but it was a great game.

What about 1962 at Grant Field, when Dodd's Jackets beat undefeated number one Alabama and their future Super Bowl winning QB, Joe Namath, by a score of 7-6? It might not be the last time, but it was a great game.
We did have Billy Lothridge, the 1963 Heisman runner-up to Roger Staubach, and Billy Martin.

Perfect example. That’s probably the last time we did beat a great QB without having a dynamic offense.

Gailey was given 5 years. We had Renfree coming in. I was pretty optimistic he finally found his QB. Threet transferring out didn't help.

When was the last time we beat a great NFL prospect QB period? "Dynamic"/great offense or not? 2014 vs Dak probably?

QB is an incredibly important position and when the opposing team has a great NFL prospect QB it's hard to beat them. I'm trying to think of the most recent NFL QB's we've played and I'm coming up with Nathan Peterman (lost to), Daniel Jones (lost 2 of 3), Trevor Lawrence (clearly lost to), Deshaun Watson (lost every game he finished), Jameis in 2014 ACCCG (loss). And I wouldn't put Daniel Jones or Peterman at the same level as Howell.

When was the last time we beat a great NFL prospect QB period? "Dynamic"/great offense or not? 2014 vs Dak probably?

QB is an incredibly important position and when the opposing team has a great NFL prospect QB it's hard to beat them. I'm trying to think of the most recent NFL QB's we've played and I'm coming up with Nathan Peterman (lost to), Daniel Jones (lost 2 of 3), Trevor Lawrence (clearly lost to), Deshaun Watson (lost every game he finished), Jameis in 2014 ACCCG (loss). And I wouldn't put Daniel Jones or Peterman at the same level as Howell.

Lamar Jackson and Trubisky come to mind

Lamar Jackson and Trubisky come to mind
We never played against Lamar Jackson. We probably would've won though because we scored on literally every possession* when we played Louisville.

* Not counting the last when we ran out the clock.

Back