Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean in 2015, when we were absolutely wrecked by injuries yet still managed to beat an undefeated top 10 FSU and keep nearly every game within one score? The year that was bookmarked on either end by 11 wins and 9 wins? Oh and you know who last missed a bowl before him? O'Leary, the guy everyone wants to compare him to.

I don't think I or anyone else has ever said everything was just peachy under CPJ. Where you got that from is anyone's guess.

Neither attendance nor gameday atmosphere are the head coach's job, his job is to win football games.

You are right that CPJ WAS the best at it, the key word being WAS. He didn't adapt the offense to changing rules and styles of play, something that other TO coaches have done. This idea that no other TO coach can ever be as good as CPJ so there's no point in trying is absurd.

What other TO coaches? Ken has been losing at Navy for years. Bohannon has done well at ksu, but it's ksu. Just say Monken. Good coach, but nobody is hiring him. Players threaten to leave at the mention of his name. Maybe in another universe, that offense caught on the way Air Raid did in ours and CPJ's coaching tree flourished. But that isn't the universe we live in, so let's move on.

What other TO coaches? Ken has been losing at Navy for years. Bohannon has done well at ksu, but it's ksu. Just say Monken. Good coach, but nobody is hiring him. Players threaten to leave at the mention of his name. Maybe in another universe, that offense caught on the way Air Raid did in ours and CPJ's coaching tree flourished. But that isn't the universe we live in, so let's move on.

I've never wanted Ken, he does fit the definition of a worse CPJ. Monken and Bohannon both have made changes to the way they run the TO to adapt and mix things up.

Monken is the only choice from the cpj tree imho. I like bohannon, but I don't think he's there yet. Ken nust isn't as good.

Meyer had a decent enough tree, but i don't think we can afford it. Chip Kelly's tree hasn't proven itself for hc either iirc.

I'd personally go with monken. If not him, I'd probably vote to go air raid instead of option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back