You don't beat our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
You beat our defense. I think the stategy is quite clear now, the Achilles' heel of our team is the defense, so if you can control the ball, keep the triple option on the bench and win the time of possession, you have a very decent chance of beating us in a score-for-score scenario. We are always going to start slowly offensively. Every team we face will have a new defensive wrinkle thrown in to try and stop CPJ. Eventually he will adjust and adjust successfully. But if we can get the ball we are in deep do-do. If you look at the great option teams of the past at the national level--like Oklahoma and Nebraska--they had stifling defense to compliment their offense. We aren't there yet--OBVIOUSLY. Georgia's kicking game was light years better than ours, too.

Pretty good post.

I'll also note that Nebraska fans used to ride the DC (legendary coach Charlie McBride) mercilessly during the first half of his career.

Give Paul some time. I think this team is very talented, but they aren't where they could be within the next four years. He's building a program there.

Hey, and look at the bright side, the loss yesterday takes away from some of the talk that PJ will be snatched away after this year.

Nope, I don't think it diminishes Johnson's reputation at all. We cam back to within a series of winning the GD game--without a defense and without a kicker and with an injured qb. I think, though, he is still more attuned to proving his offense capable that winning FOR Georgia Tech. If it is a challenge that he seeks, he has a huge one here at Tech. Win and beat Georgia consistently. It might be easier to go to ND! ! !

Nope, I don't think it diminishes Johnson's reputation at all. We cam back to within a series of winning the GD game--without a defense and without a kicker and with an injured qb. I think, though, he is still more attuned to proving his offense capable that winning FOR Georgia Tech. If it is a challenge that he seeks, he has a huge one here at Tech. Win and beat Georgia consistently. It might be easier to go to ND! ! !

Oh, I agree.

I just think some fans will look at the loss as "proof the system doesn't work." Those fans are of course wrong, but luckily a lot of ADs listen to them or even share their views.

Oh, I agree.

I just think some fans will look at the loss as "proof the system doesn't work." Those fans are of course wrong, but luckily a lot of ADs listen to them or even share their views.

If you look at PJ historically, his offensive production peaks in the 2nd year at a school. It's very possible we've seen the best this offense has to offer.

If you look at PJ historically, his offensive production peaks in the 2nd year at a school. It's very possible we've seen the best this offense has to offer.

As long as we maintain the peak, then we are fine. I don't know if there is a big drop in seasons after this one, but I will be content with the 2nd best rushing attack, a top 10 scoring attack, leading the nation in pass efficiency, and passing plays over 50 yards.

The offense does not need to be much, or any, better to win a MNC.

The defense and ST's are a VERY different story though.

Your an idiot.. and that's the God D**n truth.. If thats the way you think, then you should go to your local walmart and grab some UGA gear since they soot your mind set better. It's truly sad to hear these posts..

I guess some of the talk about how we are taking so many defense players will cease in this years recruiting class. I do believe even if the offense drops a tad bit, if our defense becomes top 40 or 30 and gives us more possessions, teams will be in trouble, yes even teams with SEC speeeeeddd!

Your an idiot.. and that's the God D**n truth.. If thats the way you think, then you should go to your local walmart and grab some UGA gear since they soot your mind set better. It's truly sad to hear these posts..

Hey, it's the truth. Did you not see the chart? I guess it was a lot more fun when we were looking forward to the big 2nd year improvement.

Dear god... what if maybe the chart was wrong.. What if we put up bigger numbers next year as Nesbitt will be in his third year with this offense.. and our defense should be better which will give our offense that many more possessions... Did you think about that??????

Hey, it's the truth. Did you not see the chart? I guess it was a lot more fun when we were looking forward to the big 2nd year improvement.

It didn't dip down though right? I don't give a lick about offensive improvement next year. I do not want to be a Boise State and have to outscore everybody to win games.

Next year I am going to look for marked improvement on defense and a plan that our offense will be pretty much exactly the same. If we do that, then it could be a tremendous year.

Dear god... what if maybe the chart was wrong.. What if we put up bigger numbers next year as Nesbitt will be in his third year with this offense.. and our defense should be better which will give our offense that many more possessions... Did you think about that??????

Well the chart is right on the money so far, why should I begin to doubt it now? If the offense didn't improve year after year at GSU, what makes you think it will happen at Tech?

It didn't dip down though right? I don't give a lick about offensive improvement next year. I do not want to be a Boise State and have to outscore everybody to win games.

Next year I am going to look for marked improvement on defense and a plan that our offense will be pretty much exactly the same. If we do that, then it could be a tremendous year.

I don't have it on me, but it did dip down. I don't remember how much. It did go up and down after that, but it never again approached the success of the 2nd year.

I honestly can't remember, but did Tenuta ever have games where the opponents never punted??

I honestly can't remember, but did Tenuta ever have games where the opponents never punted??

Nope and how many did we have this year? Three I think?

I still don't want Coach Rock to replace Coach Paper. I really would like a guy that can make the choice between Rock, Paper, and Scissors.

Right now we have a guy that I think regularly loses games of tic-tac-toe.

Nope and how many did we have this year? Three I think?

I still don't want Coach Rock to replace Coach Paper. I really would like a guy that can make the choice between Rock, Paper, and Scissors.

Right now we have a guy that I think regularly loses games of tic-tac-toe.

Same here. I hope, hope, hope this happens in the offseason. Promote Giff Smith or something. I wouldn't even mind having Tenuta back... his D's were on the field a lot with the lackluster O we had back then. With our current O, we probably only need to force around 3 punts to win. As long as Wommack is not back, I'm happy.

First, I'd like to see the chart.

Second, two data points? I assume you didn't got to Gtech.

How many NFL LBs and DLs does this defense have? I think 1. Looking back, those Tenuta defenses may have been great talent covering a bad scheme.

How many NFL LBs and DLs does this defense have? I think 1. Looking back, those Tenuta defenses may have been great talent covering a bad scheme.

I can tell you as a simple fact that Phillip Wheeler never had a clue as to where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to be doing on about 90% of our defensive plays.

Same here. I hope, hope, hope this happens in the offseason. Promote Giff Smith or something. I wouldn't even mind having Tenuta back... his D's were on the field a lot with the lackluster O we had back then. With our current O, we probably only need to force around 3 punts to win. As long as Wommack is not back, I'm happy.
I think you can safely assume that Paul Johnson and Jon Tenuta will NEVER be on the same coaching staff--ever.:laugher: And I say, thank God!!

We don't need a great defense--but we do need some kind of a defense. Again--if we had forced four or five punts last nighe we would have won by 24 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back