You don't beat our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many NFL LBs and DLs does this defense have? I think 1. Looking back, those Tenuta defenses may have been great talent covering a bad scheme.

Last year, we had essentially the same players as the year before it under Tenuta. I thought we had a worse year defensively, thought not sure with the stats. Not only that, the opponents had many many more opportunities with the ball under Tenuta b/c of our incompetent O and TOP. Then again, he's doing pretty ****ty up in ND with a pretty legit O, so who knows...maybe it's all up at top with Weis. I still think he's better than Wommack.
That being said, I just want a change at the DC position. There's no excuse for forcing 0 punts in multiple games in one season.

We don't need the offense to be better. Simply put we need an average defense. It doesn't even have to be good. We just need a defense that will stop the opponent 3 or 4 times a game. Hell even Nevada's pathetic defense made Boise St. punt 4 times. We've had 2 games this year where the defense did not force a punt. 2 games where the other team punted only once. Yes, I understand we got TOs for a stop, but if you're relying on TOs to stop another team's offense you are in for a long game.

I would like to see the chart too. Does anybody have it?

Just glancing over his time at GSU and Navy, his peak at one, at least in points per game, was in year 3 and his other was in his final season at Navy.

So, I'd say, even based on scant statistical data, it's safe to say the best is yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back