You guys act like we have a PROGRAM...

One clarification stateline, I said we need outstanding QB play not effective. We can't afford to have a serviceable QB who just hands off and makes the easy pass, like AL used to do for example. We just don't have the horses to grind it out. We've never won in my memory without an All ACC caliber QB.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
One clarification stateline, I said we need outstanding QB play not effective. We can't afford to have a serviceable QB who just hands off and makes the easy pass, like AL used to do for example. We just don't have the horses to grind it out. We've never won in my memory without an All ACC caliber QB.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Effective can appear outstanding! Can't think of a better example than Godsey. Personally, i would'nt call Suggs play last year as effective and if he had been able to cut down on his mistakes our season could have been better. I repeat everybody needs the same ingredients on the field to win that we do.

From what I have heard seven out of the ten would probably have not been dismissed if someone in the Academic Counselers office had not leaked it. The Georgia Tech Administration including the Athletic Association loves to ride the horse when football is doing well but, is unwilling to make the kind of commitment to enable sustained success. Dave Braine is a conflict avoider and will not push the issues with Dr. Clough that have to be addressed for Tech to have sustained success. Dave Braine is not the man to lead us to success. O'Leary had success because Braine and the rest of the bureaucrats at the AA were scared of him. We need a athletic director who will provide leadership and take the fight to the school administration. Dave Braine sold Chan Gailey a bill of goods. Chan not having a great deal of collge experience in hindsight was foolish for trusting him. I don't care who teh coach is as long as Dave Braine is running the show it will be tought to win consistently.

Back