You know who is screwed ....

he said that he didnt want to come to GT b/c we didnt have enough resources. damn global warming and whatnot.

I was pro Jimbo but to hell with him with that attitude!

We want....no...DEMAND someone who accepts what Tech is and will remain....we know who we are...and the next coach best know that as well!

guys....I am proud as anyone about GT and would not change a thing in terms of my graduating from there and spending far too much time pulling for them.

But...have you noticed that in the gazilliion 'coaching change' segments on ESPN they spend all of their time talking about Michigan, Arkansas, Nebraska, LSU, Auburn, etc...and just throw us up there on a list amongst 15 others that have canned their coach this year?

Have we also noticed that we are 47th in head coach compensation for college football?

Third....our HC interviews consist of first chance coordinators, HC's from smaller programs, or re-tread HC's on probation?

Fourth...many of you would not know this...but since I do not live in Georgia anymore...and I travel a bit...people outside the state are shocked we release CG as they viewed us as a solid, clean program that could beat anyone on a given day...although not dominant.

Although we all want to be more dominant....we (the GT faithful) are the only ones out there considering our job to be one that any coach should want. It is a darn tough job that does not get a lot of glamour.

Is the opportunity there? Absolutely! ....but it is not the cake walk it can be with built-in recruiting like a large state school and money coming in from all angles. It takes a special coach.

Go Jackets!!!

Last edited:
guys....I am proud as anyone about GT and would not change a thing in terms of my graduating from there and spending far too much time pulling for them.

But...have you noticed that in the gazilliion 'coaching change' segments on ESPN they spend all of their time talking about Michigan, Arkansas, Nebraska, LSU, Auburn, etc...and just throw us up there on a list amongst 15 others that have canned their coach this year?

Have we also noticed that we are 47th in head coach compensation for college football?

Third....our HC interviews consist of first chance coordinators, HC's from smaller programs, or re-tread HC's on probation?

Fourth...many of you would not know this...but since I do not live in Georgia anymore...and I travel a bit...people outside the state are shocked we release CG as they viewed us as a solid, clean program that could beat anyone on a given day...although not dominant.

Although we all want to be more dominant....we (the GT faithful) are the only ones out there considering our job to be one that any coach should want. It is a darn tough job that does not get a lot of glamour.

Is the opportunity there? Absolutely! ....but it is not the cake walk in can be with built-in recruiting like a large state school and money coming in from all angles. It takes a special coach.

Go Jackets!!!

hivered,I haved posted many time exactly what you just did too many just will not accept it.
I still believe that being the HC at GT is the toughest in college football.

Is the opportunity there? Absolutely! ....but it is not the cake walk it can be with built-in recruiting like a large state school and money coming in from all angles. It takes a special coach.

Go Jackets!!!

Well said... a bit gloom and doomish with a little optimistic crack letting some light through. This is where we are, exactly. However, it can and will get better. The cycle continues. We may not get better with the next coach, and we may very well get worse, but someday we will be on top, again.

Go Jackets!!!

Well said. But you have to lay a big part of the way we are viewed out of state at the feet of the media. They favor the larger schools. Even the media in our own city favors u(sic)ga.

We have a lot of alumni contribution in percent of alumni, but we don't have as many alumni to go around as many of those other schools, thus the fewer resources.

That said, I trust D-Rad, and think he will hire a quality head coach. Me - I'm pulling for Tenuta or an offensive guy (like PJ or Hatcher).

hivered,I haved posted many time exactly what you just did too many just will not accept it.
I still believe that being the HC at GT is the toughest in college football.
How is it tougher than any other school with high academic standards?

Kyle,

Name those schools and look at their success over the last decade. We've been at the top of that heap. Throw in the limited majors, scholarship reductions, and flunkgate and I doubt you can name a program in our situation who has done more with less.

By the way, the limited reporting in Big Ten country agrees with the original post. We would have been much better off waiting until next year. This could get ugly.

Kyle,

Name those schools and look at their success over the last decade. We've been at the top of that heap. Throw in the limited majors, scholarship reductions, and flunkgate and I doubt you can name a program in our situation who has done more with less.

By the way, the limited reporting in Big Ten country agrees with the original post. We would have been much better off waiting until next year. This could get ugly.
Holy non-sequitur batman.

The issue was whether GT was THE hardest coaching job in the country, not whether we were doing well relative to our academic standards and curriculum.

Every segment I've seen is giving us equal time as everyone except Michigan. And they're, you know, Michigan.

How is it tougher than any other school with high academic standards?

Our limited curriculum IMO is the main reason, Tech is considered very hard but high academics is only one part of the reason we do not have the places to hide students who get in acd trouble, a wider curriculum would make GT a better place for SA's as well a larger fan base.
There are those who want to say the Service Acd are a much harder row to hoe thier coaches do not have anywhere near the pressure to win that our fan base has put on the GT HC although acad and curriculum are similar.
This has always been a problem at TECH even under Dodd, but acad at GT since the mid 50's has gotten tougher and cirriculum has not expanded much at all.
Dodd always had problems building depth at GT it's the main reason that He led us out of the SEC.

I am certainly not advocating that we become a football factory but wideing the curriculum at GT would, IMO make it more attractive for some students.

Last edited:

Go Jackets!!!

Good post hivered, and Jimbo was telling the truth. I just hope Drad will not fall back to his other Lsu buddie, the Dawg.

Back