you people better come up w/ $$....

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, I like Chan as a coach and I have made that point clear on the boards. I hope he gets to stay around a long time and wins a lot of ballgames for us - including stomping UGAg from time to time.

Our program is not like UGAg's. They have been getting the choice recruits since the 60's. The only reason whey they don't sign ALL of the best players in Georgia is because they can't with scholarship limits that are in place. Trust me, if the NCAA let CFB teams sign an unlimited amount of players, UGAG would get 80-90 out of the top 100 players in the state every year. That's just how it is.

We get a Calvin Johnson every so often, but UGAg gets about 15-20 Calvin Johnson's per signing period.

Playing UGAg is like playing against the entire state of Georgia.

To hell with Georgia!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice slam on our team!
Who in the f&^k wants to be uga? Are you really saying that smart kids can't be great ball players that win championships? I sure as hell hope that Tech's next coach doesn't have this attitude. Oh yeah,...Spike too.

The problem is that Tech is a school with a national/international reputation, but we try to recruit like we are valdosta state. If someone down there would use his braine, we would be able to recruit nationally better than ANY team in the south. The marketing plan would require a lot of things including a nationally known and respected head coach.

I am very weary of the attitude of we can't be like uga, when we approach the game like we were uga, so lets be happy with being good every once in a while. That sucks!!!

I happen to hold the opinion that Tech is the greatest opportunity for education and athletics in the country. We need an athletic department that feels that way too. We also must have a coach that loves Ga. Tech, in order that he can sell this truth to 50 great students that happen to be great athletes.

To say we don't have this now would be an understatement the magnitude of: play calling in the final minute last week was poor.

LLCJ, you are correct. A player in football, round ball or other who wants only an education can always go to Emory and play club level sports ok, but the guy/girl who wants an education, and play at the top level can get that at Tech and will not suck hind tit to anyone with his/her education.

Re: Buzzed 1990...Your the one that is coming off

[ QUOTE ]
as a DUMBA$$..Quit frankly,ive thought your posts were pure bullsh-- Law bee has been posting on this board for over 3 year's and a lot of us have really enjoyed his thoughts...You have been on here for a little over 6 month's and suddenly your THE expert on what is best for GT football...

So, you disagree as to how he feel's about Gailey...That's the bottomline..So you call him a dumba$$...Now that is original!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I've been away and missed all the commotion. BlackWatch...I'll try and pad my posting numbers so that my thoughts are valid(talk about immature). My lashing out with a name against LawBee(though probably unnecessary) was due to a major build up of BS posts that he's posted while I've been lurking on this board. If you "enjoy" his posts then that speaks volumes about you and your intelligence.I never proclaimed to be the "expert" on GT football but I feel very comfortable with my knowledge of the game and I've faired well in predicting what coach would be successful on the college level(i.e. thought Willingham was the wrong choice to begin with).

Back