you people better come up w/ $$....

We would have MUCH more money in the AA coffers if we had another coach. Those empty seats this year (and growing year over year) are LOSING money for the program.

As for wins/losses whoever the coach is next year has an uphill battle. The vultures are circling over Gailey since Braine put the bar at 7, might as well give the new guy a shot as a real rebuild year and get us on the right track. Only with a revamped offense - complete staff and philosophy like Auburn had - will we increase the odds of winning games.

A strong defense like Tenuta fields can't make up for the lack of offensive production.

A declining attendance is directly attributable to Gailey and his lack of inspiration to the fan base. Given a 6-5 Gailey vs. a 6-5 with another coach, I think you will see alot of fans come back. Let's get on with it.

Still don't get your point OGT. 6-5 is 6-5, if that's all we get next year then Chan has at most one year. If he does better he's not going anywhere. BUT HE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. So why keep stirring things up?

Old Gold Tornado is a Remake of Ms.Tech....

He is either HER...oooo That's spooky....Or from her genes!!! LOL!!!!

Of all the posters he resembles her MO perfectly....He/She hits EVERY thread and with anything positive that is said he/she QUICKLY responds !!! He/she has been posting here just since August, but is on one big MISSION!!!!

I agree with your point, but not the title.

Money is not an issue at GT, at least in the ranges you are talking about. Too much money is, in fact, part of the problem--GT has the money to pay a coach more, so some of the big hitters are wondering why we don't spend it.

High salaries do not always translate into success. That is the point that a lot of folks don't understand.

This one surely drew the worms out of the woodwork

Clearly the whiners are too busy 'feeling' upset to use their brains. They won't look at experts predictions, so I have another angle to discuss.

If you look at the ACC, we added two schools. The nine existing members did not know what to think.

Only two teams improved their record. Only one held flat. The other six lost ground.

Which ones of the 9 teams has loudmouth fans attacking their coach?

I dont think it was the 6 that lost ground?

It was the only one that held its ground (GT)...

It leads me to wonder, since there has been a bunch of new posters registered since spring, How many are true GT fans with complaints (I know the majority probably are) BUT, how many are disguised as GT fans that really are not....There are some in the past that have said that, that is ludicrous, BUT, it's a known fact that fan's of other school's disguise themselves and post on another rival board, just to stir things up....

Re: Buzzed 1990...Your the one that is coming off

Without getting into this thread's major argument, I just want to understand why people who have just started posting, or who don't post as much/often as others, don't have opinions that matter? Would someone explain that? I know that seniority counts in some things, but in knowledge and/or intelligence, I don't think it does.

Re: This one surely drew the worms out of the wood

Ummm...probably all of them. Even a 10-1 team has fans that think they should've gone 11-0. Besides, real fans should be rabid...either totally pro, or totally con...just not neutral. The people I've known who aren't really Tech supporters would probably find better things to do with their time than post on a Tech board, wouldn't you?

That is really not the issue...

My BIG thing with him was, that he called him a dumba$$ Just because he disagreed to his lil ole agenda of getting Chan fired...I would have never said anything to him if he had not called him a NAME....Lawbee has been posting on here a LONG time and Ive never heard him Blast another poster or more importantly call one a name (he has more class than that).....That just ticked me off, that Buzzed 1990 took it upon him to start being insulting with the name calling, when not being called a name first....

Re: That is really not the issue...

OK, I get your point. But that's not the first time I've heard newer members slammed because they are not old-timers...it just has me puzzled, that's all.

Re: Buzzed 1990...Your the one that is coming off

[ QUOTE ]
as a DUMBA$$..Quit frankly,ive thought your posts were pure bullsh-- Law bee has been posting on this board for over 3 year's and a lot of us have really enjoyed his thoughts...You have been on here for a little over 6 month's and suddenly your THE expert on what is best for GT football...

[/ QUOTE ]

what does ones seniority on filling out stingtalks registration form have to do with ones opinions?
i for one lurked forever before i registered, i hope, although i also dont need or want, i dont have to stick around for years before my opinion is considered valid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I get your point. But that's not the first time I've heard newer members slammed because they are not old-timers...it just has me puzzled, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
AMEN!

look 3 posts in a row, my post count is skyrocketing...sometime soon i will be a respected stingtalk member

Maybe i should have worded the post

a little differently...My main point is, That if he gets off calling someone like Lawbee a name, then expect to get it back at him...That was just classless, regardless of how long he has been a poster...FWIW..I lurked a long time also before I started posting...We can all post without berating other's or calling names...Don't pull one out of the Clinton Playbook...( To attack and call the messangers a name and try and discredit them IF, you just dont like the message)

Go to the other ACC boards. We have far more veno

m being spewed over here than on any of the boards.

I guess some people don't understand the concept of a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Law_bee,I've asked this on the hive .IF NOT CHAN THEN WHO? Give me the name of one coach that has the courage to take on the most difficult coaching situation in DIV.1a And turn it around in 3yrs. All I want to hear them say Is ONE. Please don't give me names like Jimmie Robinson A terrific guy but a position coach. We have a coach that has taken over a program that lost 10 players to acdemics last year and has not regresseed. How many on this board think the mutts would be top 20 muchless top 10 if they lost 10 players for any reason?Chan Gailey is the right coach for TECH. GT cannot afford a revolving door on the coaches office God help us if lose CCG.

This post is a joke. Who said that CCG would not change things? Why would a HC not want to make decision to better things? All Braine did is raise the standard and level of expectation, along with a deadline. that doesn't mean that CCG is scared and resentful about his status. Any HC at this or the NFL level knows what BUSINESS is involved w/ in the sport. He won't be scared. If he leaves, it is because he saw it coming. The one thing these posts do is raise the emotion level to where everyone in here thinks the issue is much larger and severe. True, people are mad and some want him gone. DB is not one of them. He has set a professional ultimatum, and CCG will professionally try and abide by it. If he doesn't, CCG will find a dignified way to make his exit, and DB will try and make that happen. CCG isn't going anywhere once again.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey new guy, shut up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

You go boy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbup.gif

I don't think that anyone wants to see GT drop its academic standards or its morals to try and become a Alabama or Oklahoma type of program, but we have seen that it is possible to succeed at a higher level than we have seen under Gailey with good coaching.

Under O'Leary with Fridge, I think that even the most pessimistic fan thought that we had an average HC with a great OC. Right now, I think that most people believe that we have a great DC, but we have not been able to touch the heights of the O'Leary era. I firmly believe that if we can pair an equally competent OC with our current DC that we can be competitive for a conference title next year. I by no means believe that this would garantee such a result, but that it would allow for such a possibilty. Under the current offensive staff, I believe that the best we can hope for is a slightly better than .500 record which is still better than what we have seen to date.

Back