you people don't get it...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
you people don\'t get it...

by the standards set by SOME on this board BEAMER would be getting fired tonight!

Beamer just had his BUT kicked by a lousy 6-5 UVA team?

Should he be fired tonight?

The ugag loss was a bad loss but we did NOT have more talent than Ugag. If you think we do then you are an idiot.

The reality is when PJ got hurt early in the week we probably had 0% chance to win the game. Our special teams are VERY week and our qb is too inexperienced to produce high offensive numbers.

If we would have played a 0 TURNOVER game we would have had a chance just like the MD game. Once the punt was blocked our fate was sealed. If you want to blame CG for not have enough talent to field decent special teams that may be valid, but the reality is we had 400 yards on the best defense in the country. Go back and look at ALL THE TEAMS that did not get 400 yds of offense on Ugag.

Next year we will be in a better position to overcome mental errors , but THIS YEAR THERE IS NO MARGIN FOR ERRORS.

UF lost to Ole Miss b/c their FRESHMAN QB had 3 int's.

We lost a game, but the players did not quit (like last year). Next year will be MUCH BETTER.

6wins and a bowl bid in the flunkgate year is probably a good effort.

a win over duke and byu would have been an 8 win season.

Re: you people don\'t get it...

law bee .. tonight you preach to the choir.

you and i both know that Gailey ain't going to be fired (and rightfully so) and he'll spend the off season recruiting and thanks to the remarkable effort of qualifying for the bowl game, we'll get 15 extra practices.

next year will be Gailey's third year here and either we'll get results or we won't.

and you're talking about firing Beamer tonight? the SOME you refer to would have fired Beamer 5 years ago, leave alone tonight.

let them be. their sense of self has been bruised and they're feeling sorry for themselves wallowing in a loss.

it reminds me of the Matrix movie when Cypher asks Neo "why oh why didn't i take the blue pill."

at times like this, they are questioning why they are Tech fans instead of rooting for a school like Georgia.

Law,

No complaints here... and I'll be back next season to support our Jackets. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy our dynamo Basketball team.

UGA was the better team today and they deserved the win.

Law Bee - you are obviously a person who has demonstrated a lot of achievement academically. I would like to ask you two sincere questions and would be interested in your reply - how do you get to decide who "gets it" and who doesn't? If I were to agree with your thinking, then, by default, would that mean that I,too, then get it?

By "it", you obviously mean anything that complies with your train of thought. I don't mean to come across too harshly, but you have made apoor choice of words here, IMO.

answer me this

GEORGIA TECH had the best offensive performance of ANY team that played Ugag this year!

WE had the 2nd best point total!

that is better than

LSU
UF
TENN
and etc.

when you people argue you should look at the facts.

UF, Tenn, LSU all had less than 17 pts. Yet you expect Gailey to score 40. We had 100+ more yards of offense than those schools against the best D in the country.

We lost this game b/c of turnovers and weak special teams.

"a win over duke and byu would have been an 8 win season."

Why stop there? A win over Virginia would have been a 9 win season. A win over Clemson would have been a 10 win season....blah, blah, blah...

What you have backed into is that Tech SHOULD have beaten Duke and BYU, but didn't. That's why they are going to the Idaho Potato Bowl.
mad.gif

Suzi Q

Law Bee - I would be happy to answer your question. However, I did not see any. I would like to see you respond to the questions that I asked. Thank you.

shouldn't you really be complaining about GT have academic integrity and failing those 10 players out of school.

The reality is if we had those 10 we have a better year and YES LESS LOSSES!

given the flunk-gate disaster ANY bowl is a tribute to the quaility coaching of this staff

B here is your answer....

it= the college game

now my questions are

do you think VT is going to fire Beamer?

should they?

why can't you recognize the BEST offensive performance against Ugag all year?

check the #'s

ahhh... so now Suzy I don't go to the Georgia game Q thinks she has the right to talk crap... get a life... you stated that you were too lame to even attend the game today.

Law Bee - I still don't think you have answered the questions that I asked.Please reread them. However I did say that I would answer yours.No.No, Beamer is like Welsh at Uva, before he arrived VT football did not exist. The fact that we gained 400 yards or whatever does not change the outcome of the game and we scored 14 of or points after the game has been settled.

I was at the game. Maybe you did not watch the game but we scored our 2nd TD with over 5mins left in the THIRD quarter. Ugag had there starters on D in for the entire game. Ugag has the best defense in the country.

GT had more yards against this defense THAN ANY TEAM that has played them this year.

I amazed at how people want to INGNORE FACTS. We scored 17pts on ugag. That is the second most scored on them this year. Only Alabama scored more.

We lost this game b/c of turnovers and weak special teams. If we had 0 turnovers this game would have been very similar to MD, except that our offense was moving the ball better against ugag.

Law bee - ok, the facts are that we did get alot of yards and scored 17 points.I am not ignoring them. I struggle to see their significance though. What am I missing here? I think this would be of significance only of they had been held to 16 points or less.

Originally posted by law_bee:
I was at the game. Maybe you did not watch the game but we scored our 2nd TD with over 5mins left in the THIRD quarter. Ugag had there starters on D in for the entire game. Ugag has the best defense in the country.

GT had more yards against this defense THAN ANY TEAM that has played them this year.

I amazed at how people want to INGNORE FACTS. We scored 17pts on ugag. That is the second most scored on them this year. Only Alabama scored more.

We lost this game b/c of turnovers and weak special teams. If we had 0 turnovers this game would have been very similar to MD, except that our offense was moving the ball better against ugag.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">By the same logic, UAB was the 3rd best team on UGA's schedule because they played them tighter.

Using the single game statistical result model, I could argue that AJ should have been QB this year because he threw two touchdowns where Ball threw none.

You are kind of pulling a Slippery Rock on us.

For some reason, I do not consider it an honor to score 17 pts. Talk about lowering the bar...man, oh, man. W's is what it's all about.

Quote by Law Bee:

uh,.... no we didn't. We scored our second touchdown with very little time left in the game.

Regarding the number of yards, and points we put up against georgia, I too was impressed by how we moved the ball fairly easily.

However,.... you seem to be putting little things like turnovers and a blocked punt into the "uncontrollable" column. As if to say that those were just bad breaks, like the roll of a dice. Well, they aren't. Good teams cause turnovers. Poorly coached teams can't wait to give the ball away. It comes down to a lack of executing assignments. Its the responsibility of the coaches to teach and drill the proper execution of assignments.

If you count the blocked punt as a turnover because of where it happened on the field, we had 5.
No one knows, but I would expect that if we had two turnovers, not 5, we could have reduced our total yards gained by 100 yards, and we would have had a great shot to win the game in the 4th quarter. That would have impressed me a helluva lot more than racking up useless yards.

Your Beamer thought:

by the standards set by SOME on this board BEAMER would be getting fired tonight!

Beamer just had his BUT kicked by a lousy 6-5 UVA team?

Should he be fired tonight?

No, he should not be fired, but I will guarantee you that Coach Beamer will hold himself, and his management staff accountable for what happened. If anyone thinks that Beamer will try to blow pollyana smoke at Hokie fans, they will be wrong.
That is what makes Beamer and the VT football program elite. They don't make excuses.
rant.gif

If you want to use stats why don't you use the entire year stats. We would not come out well by doing that. I agree with you I was really pleased that IMHO we controlled the line of scrimage as well as we have all year. This was very positive. We did not do that consistently all year. The offense at least to me was very disappointing this year.

Last thing Law Bee, why do you get so personal. It is actully ok that other people disagree with you. I think most people will tell you while they feel that they are right about some things they can not guarantee it and leave room for others to be able to build on their opinions. If you have truly never been wrong them I commend you. However if you have been wrong before why don't you give a little room for others to have an opinion. Just a thought.

So now you've got two "400 yards" posts going ... If the kids played their butts off, and UGA played an average game (their worst defensive game as you have pointed out), and even with that we never were remotely close to challenging in this game ... what might the problem be?

Beamer inherited a program that didn't know what end of the football was the front.

Gailey found himself at the helm of a GT program playing it's best football for an extended period of time since Dodd retired.

Yes, we were better in '90, but we couldn't maintain it. From '97-00, we were playing our best ball for that 5 year period since Dodd left.

And we're losing more games now than we were when he got here.

That's not progress.

And it's a complete non-comparison. We are trending downwards

O'leary was 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC and that was with a team picked to compete for ACC title.

we are 6-6 and 4-4 in ACC with a team that was picked next to last

I wonder who did the best coaching job?

Back