YOUR choice for Head Coach...

Glenn Sencer will be our next coach. Nobody from outside would work under Clough-Braine. A good choice would be Sylvester Croom,however. Mayor Franklin could be enlisted to help persuade him to accept, perhaps.

Originally posted by Jerry the Jacket:
GEORGE O'LEARY!

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have no respect for GT or yourself if you want George back. Pathetic.

GEORGE O'LEARY!

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would the first year of his salary be free to Tech?

GEORGE O'LEARY!

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">George O'leary would be approximately 16,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TIMES better than this farce of a coach we have now.

Chan Gailey makes Bill Lewis look like Knute Rockne.
shocked.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And with that post, you make MsTA look like she's an FOC.

You really may have lost your damn mind.

Originally posted by chilidogking:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And with that post, you make MsTA look like she's an FOC.

You really may have lost your damn mind.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL... May have??

Since George owes us $1.5 Million we could have him for free for a year and a half and hire some great assistants with the extra cash.

Believe me, I know it will never happen but he is one of the better coaches available and you asked the question.

Go Jackets!

I would be willing to bet the house O'Leary will never be back at GT. I place it outside the realm of possibility.

I, for one, would not want him back even if he brought Ralph with him.

signdeadend.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I would be willing to bet the house O'Leary will never be back at GT. I place it outside the realm of possibility.

I, for one, would not want him back even if he brought Ralph with him.

signdeadend.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Woah nelly. If you threw in Ralph, I'd definately think about it. That way we can have O'Leary for free in the first year, fire him in the second, and promote Ralph to head coach. How ya like dem apples!

BOR, sounds good on the surface, but then that means we would have a new AD. We know O'Leary won't be back as long as Braine is the AD.

The process would start all over again. The new AD would hire O'Leary as the HC since Ralph was merely his OC. Ralph would be the OC again. O'Leary would bring back O,Brien, Roof, and McWhorter. They would rehire all of the office staff that has been fired and place Father Mario back as the chaplain.

The next year, Ralph would get another head coaching job, and football at Tech would head downhill again. O'Leary would look for another job without Ralph, and we would be stuck with O'Brien, Roof, and McWhorter.

The new AD, probably BeeWare, would promote McWhorter to head coach over O'Brien and Roof. O'Brien and Roof would then get mad. O'Brien would go to Ralph's new team and Roof would go back to Duke. McWhorter would fail miserably and all of the UGA fans and the media would laugh us to scorn.

Then BeeWare would be fired as the AD, and all the office staff would be fired again and the new coach would replace the chaplain again.

Probably the only two availabe coaches would be Gailey or Donnan. Everything that goes around, comes around.

MiscDancfrog.gif

It really doesn't matter who the next coach is - the first game he looses (sic) y'all will be all over him like stink on a dog trying to git him fired.

we need to fork out cash for a big time coach that will win games, recruit, and continue to update our facilities to establish national recognition and dominance....whoever it may end up being besides CCG.

Just a thought......

Anyone know anything about Mike Stoops. Bob's brother who is current def cord at Oklahoma.

I'd like someone without southern ties, and we know def wins champs

Jacketpower writes:

we need to fork out cash for a big time coach that will win games, recruit, and continue to update our facilities to establish national recognition and dominance

We`already spend the money, especially at the AD level.
In our case, Braine is the chicken, and Chan is the egg. You know what comes first.

I don't think you can judge this coach until he has a complete team of athletes he has recruited. We had 10 players with significant skills that are missing from this team. You can't lose that many players and expect to go undefeated. We've got to give Gailey a chance to recruit the type of players that fit his game plans. Reggie Ball is going to be an excellent QB - he's only a true freshman.

I think we are freaking out for nothing. Be patient!

A couple other names to consider

Gregg Brandon - Bowling Green HC. One heck of an offense.

Walt Harris - Pitt HC. Built a good program up there and the Big East is soon going to be the Big Least.

But we all know DB won't take any suggestions from anyone else.

Back