YouTube video of game-winning drive

I may be wrong but isn't this the first hurry-up/2 min offensive series that has ended up with 6 points? (under CPJ at GT mind you)

Pretty sure we did last year at the end of the first half against Duke, hit Hill in the back of the endzone

9 is the man. No question. He'll be good in the NFL. Watch he'll make the roster somewhere just because the man doesn't quit and that will get you FAR in the NFL.

Melton killed me on the long pass drop. Bey-Bey makes that catch easily.

A backs did a great job catching the ball.

O line blocked like horse ****.

Nesbitt played like a man...

The no huddle really, really threw WF off.

Bebe wouldn have had 150 yards recieving last night.

I can't tell you how much this reminded me of UGAg 2009 while I was watching. Thankfully it went the other way.

The main thing that stood out to me (again) was that we went right down the field and scored. I really think we need to run this offense about 35-40% of the time. Very efficient. Very effective.

I didn't notice at then time, but were we running that formation all night?

I am amazed that Nesbitt doesn't simply give up passing when our receivers drop passes like they do. That kid is awesome.

I don't understand why CPJ didn't pull Joshua on this drive and give him a look at things. What am I missing?

First play was a terrible drop.

Second play Nesbitt had a guy wide open in the flats and wasn't looking for him.

Third play wasn't a terrible read, and we actually caught it. Yay.

Fourth play was a great scramble.

Fifth play, the quick pass to Roddy Jones, is the sort of thing we could make a lot of hay on this season if people keep throwing their linebackers at the LOS. I hope to god we practice this twenty snaps a day from now on. Just that one little simple play could help us tremendously.

Sixth play is great. Superb. Perfect. Where's it been all year?

Seventh play is highly questionable, but at least he got the pitch off, and a great job by Lyons to get out of bounds.

Eighth play looks like the slot is running a wheel route. If the slot was running a drag then that's a first down and then some instead of a sack. I'm awfully curious to know whether he ran the right route or not.

Ninth play is the same play as the Eighth but the slot runs the drag, and it goes for a first down. Wonder if PJ just sent the same play back in and said NO, RUN THE DRAG THIS TIME, GEEZ.

Tenth play he's got nowhere to run, makes me wonder if he had guys open in the EZ. There's 9 guys around him while he's still behind the LOS, which means there's only 2 offscreen.

Eleventh play is the slant.

My impression - this drive was the first time I've seen Tech pass to open receivers all year. Every pass this year has been into coverage - 1 on 1 coverage sure, but coverage nonetheless. It's so much easier to complete a pass if you throw it to the guy who isn't covered.

Back