“Big Announcement in the Near Future”

Screenshot_20221027-105215_Gmail.jpg

Just FYI you will receive 4 points per $100 donated towards this initiative.

So J Batt came in, looked at the finances, and said "begging for all the scholarship shortfall money all year is a bunch of bull***" and this is the gimmick to make that go away for this year.
I think another part of it is psychological. Bring donors back that have been lost over the past 2-3 years and also try to bring new blood into the donor pipeline.

$2.5M commitment from GT Fund (which has never happened in the history of GTAA/GT Fund) 3.5 days into his tenure as AD.... take the win.

Also, it's matching so you set an achievable target and prove to Cabrera/GT Fund that actions like this will be successful in the future.

The Competitive Drive Initiative is a part of Transforming Tomorrow, Georgia Tech’s $2 billion comprehensive campaign to build a foundation for advancing the Institute and its impact — on people’s lives, on the way we work together to create innovative solutions, and on our world — for decades to come.

J Batt looking forward to the day soon when the Athletic Scholarship Fund is made defunct and all donations go to staff and facilities.

$2.5M commitment from GT Fund (which has never happened in the history of GTAA/GT Fund) 3.5 days into his tenure as AD.... take the win.

Also, it's matching so you set an achievable target and prove to Cabrera/GT Fund that actions like this will be successful in the future.
Also, if donor's show out, they could possible increase that cap. This is probably a feeler more than anything by the Foundation to see how serious donors are.

This is historic (at least for GT). I'm guessing J confirmed he could do stuff like this before he took the job.

If J figured out that our problem has always been the feud between the Hill and the GTAA before he even took the job and made accepting the job contingent upon resolving it then bring me the car wash bucket and point me to J Batt's parking spot.

This is historic (at least for GT). I'm guessing J confirmed he could do stuff like this before he took the job.

If J figured out that our problem has always been the feud between the Hill and the GTAA before he even took the job and made accepting the job contingent upon resolving it then bring me the car wash bucket and point me to J Batt's parking spot.
He doesn’t need his car washed, the man made it clear he wants Starbucks instead.

Back