“I’ve been a tech fan longer than you.”

How many years before folks can bitch? Five years? Ten years? Would eight more years of this be enough for those who are bitching to get special dispensation from you?

Are you one of those fellas who said we should have given Bill Lewis more time?

FUN FACT: Bill Lewis' W/L record was much better than CGC's. CGC will have to go 8-7 over the next 15 games to beat Bill Lewis' record.

How many years before folks can bitch? Five years? Ten years? Would eight more years of this be enough for those who are bitching to get special dispensation from you?

FUN FACT: Bill Lewis' W/L record was much better than CGC's. CGC will have to go 8-7 over the next 15 games to beat Bill Lewis' record.
How sensible is it to expect a radical change to be complete and pay off when someone only has their redshirt freshman class in place?

No. BL had to go. He ignored the OL and brought in questionable characters. CGC does the opposite.

Really basic stuff. Don't know why it is so hard for you guys... other than wanting to bitch just to bitch. Make yourself feel better by knocking down a team working its ass off.

There's bitching, which is fine, and then there's whiny dumbass bitching.

Who is B*** L****?

Bill Lewis still had players left over after Bobby Ross jetted for San Diego. Lewis simply could not coach. Look what O'Leary did in 95 with Lewis players. I rest my case. I for one STILL BELIEVE in Coach Collins. And his Dad was my high school coach so I got his 6 no matter what. RIP, Billy Collins.

How sensible is it to expect a radical change to be complete and pay off when someone only has their redshirt freshman class in place?

No. BL had to go. He ignored the OL and brought in questionable characters. CGC does the opposite.

Really basic stuff. Don't know why it is so hard for you guys... other than wanting to bitch just to bitch. Make yourself feel better by knocking down a team working its ass off.
Gonna be alot of quoted posts thrown back at posters on here in the coming months/years. World class ignorance on display.

This is also the way it works in life with people and everything. Over time, after someone dies, you forget all the things you hated about them (unless you have a psychological disorder, definitely a possibility) and just remember the good times. The bad times don't bring a frown to your face any more, but the good things still bring a smile to your face and warm-fuzzies to your soul.

Mostly I don't take it as seriously, look at it as entertaining. If I THINK they have a chance to be good most of the year and they end up not being good at least I enjoyed thinking they could win while they won a few here and there. last few years have been bleak, but I am still hopeful for awhile at least, I really would like a big ol' DT or two to commit

This was the reason I was ok with uga cancelling the game this year. We got some talent but we’re still very young. And we will get better and they won’t be very good this year but this team would still come up short then I would have to stab someone. Readjust your expectations for the season, future is still bright.
We were going to beat Georgia like a drum this year. They knew it, and forfeited to avoid it. #StateChamps

FUN FACT: Bill Lewis took a team two years removed from a national championship and ran it into the ground.

Bill Lewis still had players left over after Bobby Ross jetted for San Diego. Lewis simply could not coach. Look what O'Leary did in 95 with Lewis players. I rest my case. I for one STILL BELIEVE in Coach Collins. And his Dad was my high school coach so I got his 6 no matter what. RIP, Billy Collins.
Where were you in high school?

Loss to Citadel was by far the worse
couldn't disagree more. no loss in year one, ie, the year of total forgiveness, is that bad. i don't care if it was against Buford HS.

the year two syracuse loss is much worse, as it exposes there are still holes in poise, play calling, substitution patterns and organization. those are not talent issues. but as i've said, got to let it play out and hopefully all facets of the team improve over time. i've just not seen it yet, other than the talent level improving considerably. keep cruitin and working hard on the rest..all we can do.

So, really, the long and short of this whole conversation is:

1. Nobody expected us to be world-beaters this year. We pretty much all agree that there are still positions of need on the team that need to be shored up before we're consistently competitive with top tier teams. Many of our best players are still young, and the lack of spring ball and even good practice time in the fall has likely had a bigger impact on this team that it would on a professional team like Alabama that is full of upper classmen that have been raking in a paycheck at the college level for years. That being said, there have been flashes of brilliance and glimpses of what look to be some stars on the team moving forward.

At the same time

2. The loss to Syracuse was bad. Many of the mistakes the team made against UCF were still prevalent. Many of those mistakes were entirely unforced errors, which does not reflect well on the coaches. Even a young team with limited practice time should be able to kick an extra point, get on and off the field consistently, and know the snap count before the play.

CGC isn't going anywhere this year, next year, or even the year after that, barring a complete meltdown. At the same time, this data point did not indicate a positive trend.

So, really, the long and short of this whole conversation is:

1. Nobody expected us to be world-beaters this year. We pretty much all agree that there are still positions of need on the team that need to be shored up before we're consistently competitive with top tier teams. Many of our best players are still young, and the lack of spring ball and even good practice time in the fall has likely had a bigger impact on this team that it would on a professional team like Alabama that is full of upper classmen that have been raking in a paycheck at the college level for years. That being said, there have been flashes of brilliance and glimpses of what look to be some stars on the team moving forward.

At the same time

2. The loss to Syracuse was bad. Many of the mistakes the team made against UCF were still prevalent. Many of those mistakes were entirely unforced errors, which does not reflect well on the coaches. Even a young team with limited practice time should be able to kick an extra point, get on and off the field consistently, and know the snap count before the play.

CGC isn't going anywhere this year, next year, or even the year after that, barring a complete meltdown. At the same time, this data point did not indicate a positive trend.

Well said.

I was there too. Literally left the game in tears. Perhaps I was taking things a bit too seriously.

There have been so many frustrating moments, in so many frustrating games, over so many frustrating seasons. And yet, here I am.

Cuz there's just nothing like that special day after Thanksgiving in 2008. Or in 2014. Or whatever. The high highs are always better than the low lows (which is why I'm still a CPJ fan despite everything).

This is also the way it works in life with people and everything. Over time, after someone dies, you forget all the things you hated about them (unless you have a psychological disorder, definitely a possibility) and just remember the good times. The bad times don't bring a frown to your face any more, but the good things still bring a smile to your face and warm-fuzzies to your soul.

look, PJ took us to the OB twice, but he’s not Dodd.

Back