“I’ve been a tech fan longer than you.”

I’m a lot more excited after 3 games in 2020 than I was after 3 games in 2019. We have actual high-end talent now.

My freshman year we best #1 Bama 7-6, 7 years later we lost to Klempson for the first time in 23 years. We thought the world had ended

I was there too. Literally left the game in tears. Perhaps I was taking things a bit too seriously.

There have been so many frustrating moments, in so many frustrating games, over so many frustrating seasons. And yet, here I am.

Cuz there's just nothing like that special day after Thanksgiving in 2008. Or in 2014. Or whatever. The high highs are always better than the low lows (which is why I'm still a CPJ fan despite everything).

This is also the way it works in life with people and everything. Over time, after someone dies, you forget all the things you hated about them (unless you have a psychological disorder, definitely a possibility) and just remember the good times. The bad times don't bring a frown to your face any more, but the good things still bring a smile to your face and warm-fuzzies to your soul.
I've always heard " the highs are never as high, as the lows are low". As a Tech fan, I have seen some lows!

I've always heard " the highs are never as high, as the lows are low". As a Tech fan, I have seen some lows!
I think 1990 was higher than 2019 was low! But the real issue in how things 'feel' is less to do with the height or the depth, and more to do with the trajectory. Bama fans are getting pretty tired of being #2. Duke fans were pretty excited to get to the point where they would be thrashed in the ACCCG. I think we're on an upward trajectory, so we keep on keeping on.

I think 1990 was higher than 2019 was low! But the real issue in how things 'feel' is less to do with the height or the depth, and more to do with the trajectory. Bama fans are getting pretty tired of being #2. Duke fans were pretty excited to get to the point where they would be thrashed in the ACCCG. I think we're on an upward trajectory, so we keep on keeping on.
Good insight. When times are good, soak them up. Bama will miss good-but-no-championship years like last year after saban retires and they regress to mean. Try to dwell on the good!

FUN FACT: Bill Lewis took a team two years removed from a national championship and ran it into the ground.
Shows what can happen when you don't take a closer look at a coaching candidate. He had one good year at East Carolina as a coach. Ty Willingham fooled ND boosters into dumping GOL because of one good year at Washington

Shows what can happen when you don't take a closer look at a coaching candidate. He had one good year at East Carolina as a coach. Ty Willingham fooled ND boosters into dumping GOL because of one good year at Washington
Aside from the in house candidates, I can’t remember who the other options were when Bill Lewis was hired. That was 30 years ago sheesh.

Not to defend Homer Rice for hiring BL but I had a long conversation with BL shortly after he was hired and that guy sold me. And his performance as a DC was stellar. I don't fault Homer for hiring the guy - his weaknesses were not obvious at all. We took a chance on who we thought was an up-and-coming guy and lost. In retrospect, there is no way we could have seen it coming.

Dodd won a MNC in 1952 that was part of an amazing 6 year run with a 90% winning percentage, major bowls, and no losses to the puppies. Has anyone gone to crap faster than we did after 1990?

Dodd won a MNC in 1952 that was part of an amazing 6 year run with a 90% winning percentage, major bowls, and no losses to the puppies. Has anyone gone to crap faster than we did after 1990?

Has anyone ever gone from crap to MNC faster than we did before 1990? What a hell of a roller coaster. 1990 was the "Annus Mirabilis". Tech won the ACC tourney, made the final four, and won the MNC.

Has anyone ever gone from crap to MNC faster than we did before 1990? What a hell of a roller coaster. 1990 was the "Annus Mirabilis". Tech won the ACC tourney, made the final four, and won the MNC.

Great point

Has anyone ever gone from crap to MNC faster than we did before 1990?

2-9 in 1987, MNC 1990, 1-10 in 1994.

Nobody has gone that far up, then that far down, in that amount of time unless somebody somewhere bought a championship Miami Marlins style.

Back