1-1 with Clems’ son on deck

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
If Simms is ready he needs to get back out there I don’t care who we play, dude needs to gain some confidence and he was the bell cow in the off-season so prove it coaches
Playing against Clemson is not a great place to gain confidence.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Honestly, this is the best GT has matched up against Clemson since 2014. I don’t think a win is realistic, but I do think we have a shot to be competitive.

DJ has not looked good at all so far, IMO. He’s missed some open receivers, although I don’t think they’re quite as open as they usually are. The OL has also been pretty mediocre. Obviously there’s plenty of talent on the offense, but they’re definitely not on the same page yet. The defense is as nasty as ever, but I think that’s to be expected at this point.

If we can keep them in front of us on defense and avoid turnovers on offense, we should be able to at least keep things manageable. There’s no excuse to give up 50+ this time, although scoring ourselves will be difficult.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Honestly, this is the best GT has matched up against Clemson since 2014. I don’t think a win is realistic, but I do think we have a shot to be competitive.

DJ has not looked good at all so far, IMO. He’s missed some open receivers, although I don’t think they’re quite as open as they usually are. The OL has also been pretty mediocre. Obviously there’s plenty of talent on the offense, but they’re definitely not on the same page yet. The defense is as nasty as ever, but I think that’s to be expected at this point.

If we can keep them in front of us on defense and avoid turnovers on offense, we should be able to at least keep things manageable. There’s no excuse to give up 50+ this time, although scoring ourselves will be difficult.
If Tenuta were our DC, we'd ramp up the heat on DJ and make him make tough decisions. Try to rattle him. It would work or fail spectacularly

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
I agree with this. While I am happy Gibbs chose Tech, it is a surprising decision as it will likely cost him $$$ since he won't be able to showcase his capabilities to the full extent as if we were playing for, say, Ohio State.
Any NFL scout can tell he's talented. Heck, my father has eye issues and in his mid-70s and knows Gibbs can ball out. This will not be an issue for #1.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
If we score a touchdown against their first stringers I fully plan on talking öööö about how a team that lost to NIU could put up more touchdowns on Clemson then an allegedly top 5 team down the road.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Honestly, this is the best GT has matched up against Clemson since 2014.

This is true only from the standpoint of Clemmons's offense vs our defense.

The Tigger D is solid, and we will struggle to move the ball at all. Our QBs are gonna be running for their lives.

johncu

Dodd-Like
This is true only from the standpoint of Clemmons's offense vs our defense.

The Tigger D is solid, and we will struggle to move the ball at all. Our QBs are gonna be running for their lives.
To be fair, Clemson has been a NC contender every year since then, so it’s not saying much. We’ve never been able to move the ball on them lately, but at least we have a chance of stopping their offense this year.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
To be fair, Clemson has been a NC contender every year since then, so it’s not saying much. We’ve never been able to move the ball on them lately, but at least we have a chance of stopping their offense this year.
UGA couldn't move the ball on them

gtphd

What a time to be alive

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
IMO I think Yates is just a better overall QB than Sims. Sims has a higher ceiling, sure I can give him that. But the thing is and I said this from the beginning, we threw him in the fire too early. Yates went in a couple times last year and looked like he didn’t even know what city he was in, but he matured. He’s proven that. Sims still looks nervous as all get out in the pocket, which is understandable with our line, but the poor decisions that come along with it are unnecessary. Yates can at least seem to always keep his eyes downfield and find some open guy, or run if he needs.
I think the worst thing that could happen to Sims did last year when he opened the year with a win against a bad FSU team. I too think he has a high ceiling, but if the decision is made to pull him then I see him possibly transferring.

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
I agree with this. While I am happy Gibbs chose Tech, it is a surprising decision as it will likely cost him $$$ since he won't be able to showcase his capabilities to the full extent as if we were playing for, say, Ohio State.
not that I disagree, but he has the ability to make the first and sometimes second person miss. I think he needs more touches from any position we can put him in to get the ball in his hands..

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
UGA couldn't move the ball on them
my only question is, how good is ugays offense? I know they huntil a bunch on UAB, but is their offense good enough to hang that many or half that many on an Auburn, Florida, or Kentucky? Jus askin

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
not that I disagree, but he has the ability to make the first and sometimes second person miss. I think he needs more touches from any position we can put him in to get the ball in his hands..
He definitely does. I just wish we could open up more holes for him. Seems like he is always juking behind the lines of scrimmage.