#1 Ranked Football Prospect

If nothing else, that was really good press for Tech. The kid was classy. Would love to have his personality on Tech (obviously his talent too).

I'd feel good only if he was blown away by the visit. Question: are his parents college graduates? If so, where from and what do they do now? These things may seem out in left field but say a lot about where kids put education in their list of priorities. I doubt we would have gotten Calvin Johnson had it not been for his parents and his upbringing that stressed, not only an education, but the best possible one at that.

It is NICE to see that GT is selling a different thing than the other schools are, and NICE to hear what we're selling get relayed so clearly by a recruit:

“It’s an engineering school, but if I do go to school there, I will probably study Business. They’ve got connections to AT&T, Coca-Cola and a lot of big businesses in Atlanta. I had a good view of downtown from the campus. And in each one of those big buildings, there’s a Georgia Tech graduate up in there making millions.”

Even if we don't land him, I'm glad to see evidence that we're selling the right kind of stuff to get kids like him in.

The article doesn't say so, but having a chance with this guy has got to be due to Ted Roof's efforts.

don't forget Mike Pelton. We need to pony up for these assistants if we want to continue to build momentum on the recruiting trail.

Dalvin 2

Can't wait to make an appearance in his hat show

It probably doesn't hurt that we've got attouchu projected to go early in the draft either.

The article gives me hope. He sounds like a great kid.

Dalvin 2

Yeah I dont think we have any chance with this kid, but the fact the a top recruit like him puts GT on his list is good pub.

Dalvin 2

This isn't anything like Dalvin.

Dalvin was waiting on better offers and Tech was his fallback if those never came. This kid ain't waiting on better offers since he could name a school and they would sign him.

Probably very little chance at landing him, but at least the staff got him on campus. If players don't visit your campus you have zero chance of landing them. I'll take a small chance over zero chance any day.

Probably very little chance at landing him, but at least the staff got him on campus. If players don't visit your campus you have zero chance of landing them. I'll take a small chance over zero chance any day.

not really true. i believe there are several instances of players sending LOIs to schools that they never visited

and yes, im just being a contrarian

not really true. i believe there are several instances of players sending LOIs to schools that they never visited

and yes, im just being a contrarian

I'm with you. I wouldn't say zero. It likely is more difficult but not undoable.

Still, the fact that the No. 1 prospect in the nation took an unofficial to Tech says a lot to start with. That he enjoyed his visit and came away with a lot of positive things to say is even bigger. It may not land us him but who knows what other prospect might see that and decide to make an unofficial visit and find out he likes it.

I still say get that kid up to Atlanta for an official visit for a night game with the midtown skyline for a backdrop.

Back