#1 Ranked Football Prospect

If this kid ain't from in-state, we don't sniff a visit.

Alabama ain't that far a drive, either, and it's not like there's not talent in that state. A little more of a stretch for a kid from Florida to make that kind of drive but maybe some kid hitting Knoxville, Clemson, etc, on spring break UOVs makes a stop off 20 or 75/85 after a quick phone call to the coaches.

Just a visit to get UGA to up their ante imho. But would love to be wrong.

If you're a kid on a roadtrip that takes you near Atlanta, and you have some time, why wouldn't you visit?

Also, really like the selling point of "those buildings have GT alumni on the top floor making millions." Gives the impression that you can make millions in the NFL then millions in business as well (or instead of if you run into an injury). Not sure how true it necessarily is, but works.

The only reason that Calvin Johnson was ranked 37th in the nation coming out of high school is because recruiting experts are idiots. He was no worse than top 5.

Good lord if Brandon Miller hadn't have been a dumbass the same year Calvin came out and went to UGAg because he was so impressed with their "computer science" department. UGAg and St. Richt ruined his ass. UGAg also ruined Richard Samuel (although he did help us win a game anyway). Samuel would have been a stud LB at Tech.

No one really expects to land this kid. Therefore butthurt futures are still pretty expensive. Wait a couple months and see if this kid shows up to a game or two. THEN is the time to buy.

If there's no demand for butthurt futures they will be cheap which is where we are right now. If the kids does show up to a game or two and the expectations go up then there will be an increased demand for butthurt futures to hedge against the expectations which will drive the price up. So TIA's actually being smarter than you buying the butthurt futures now.

If there's no demand for butthurt futures they will be cheap which is where we are right now. If the kids does show up to a game or two and the expectations go up then there will be an increased demand for butthurt futures to hedge against the expectations which will drive the price up. So TIA's actually being smarter than you buying the butthurt futures now.

Let's say Butthurt is now at $100. If this dude decides to go somewhere else tomorrow, then because we all expected that outcome anyways Butthurt only rises to $105. Very limited profitability for the butthurt futures buyer.

But say this kid shows up to a few more practices, comes to some games, has us in his top 3, etc... Not only does the current butthurt price decrease, but when he goes to UGA, Butthurt is going to $10000.

More money to be made in waiting a bit. Unless.... You think this kid is already going to string us along and get people to buy in and put more and more butthurt at risk.

Let's say Butthurt is now at $100. If this dude decides to go somewhere else tomorrow, then because we all expected that outcome anyways Butthurt only rises to $105. Very limited profitability for the butthurt futures buyer.

But say this kid shows up to a few more practices, comes to some games, has us in his top 3, etc... Not only does the current butthurt price decrease, but when he goes to UGA, Butthurt is going to $10000.

More money to be made in waiting a bit. Unless.... You think this kid is already going to string us along and get people to buy in and put more and more butthurt at risk.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/butthurtfutures.asp

well i did some digging around and according to investopedia butthurt spot price drives the futures price. And butthurt futures are used to hedge against butthurt not expectations like i previously said. But it is done by shorting the futures if you're long in the butthurt index. Which skyrockets the day the kid chooses to go somewhere else.

I will agree that no point in taking position in the butthurt futures right now because we're not long in the butthurt.

Five pages of "we're number seven on the top recruit's list, woohoo!" Really? Let's see how puppy dog pathetic we can get.

Also I hate to break it to you guys but those Atlanta skyscrapers have UGA grads on the top floor making millions, too. Some grade-A dumbasses on this board, engineering degrees notwithstanding.

well i did some digging around and according to investopedia butthurt spot price drives the futures price. And butthurt futures are used to hedge against butthurt not expectations like i previously said. But it is done by shorting the futures if you're long in the butthurt index. Which skyrockets the day the kid chooses to go somewhere else.

I will agree that no point in taking position in the butthurt futures right now because we're not long in the butthurt.

Post of the year IMO.

This is a must read for all butthurt trading novices.

If you're a kid on a roadtrip that takes you near Atlanta, and you have some time, why wouldn't you visit?

Also, really like the selling point of "those buildings have GT alumni on the top floor making millions." Gives the impression that you can make millions in the NFL then millions in business as well (or instead of if you run into an injury). Not sure how true it necessarily is, but works.

Your odds of becoming a millionaire are greater with a GT degree than they are just being a D1 level college football player hoping to play in the NFL.

Some grade-A dumbasses on this board, engineering degrees notwithstanding.

you will also receive my Dumbass Usage bill within 30-days for coopting my word, you dumbass

you'll think it's a joke and that it doesnt have the weight of law, but you should ask sthorfinnr if i can get to you or not and if you should dare anger me and my ilk

Quality post right here. You're like the Jim Cramer of butthurt.

Yeah, I don't disagree. But getting a kid from Albany, GA to visit is pretty big. Last kid I can remember getting from Alabany was Daryl Smith and he worked out pretty well for us.

If i'm not mistaken, #53 is from Albany. Chaimberlain.

Just found out that Warren Buffet has his analysts reviewing GT Butthurt futures. I am getting a little worried about this, might have to go ahead and buy up.

We need a butthurt market (maybe butthurt=German for bitcoin?). Think of the possibilities: our butthurt for losing someone to Dwags is no where near UGA butthurt for loss to us of a major recruit. A little insider trading by the kid's relatives on UGA butthurt futures for the kid, he strings them along, signs with us, and presto! Big bucks from Dawgnation butthurt market and we get him.

Back