I'd rather get away from the "jump ball" routes, and more towards the "in stride" variety, anyway.

Amen to that. Seems like we might finally have some QBs that can give the consistency in the passing game to make this happen.

The Austin twins bring the lumber with their hits while this guy is more of a playmaker. I wouldn't mind him getting a look at safety at some point. He has a knack for tracking the ball down and can come from flat across the field to break up a pass. Looks ok as a WR too. Has enough speed to get behind defenders and the ups to win jump ball situations.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/803888/qua-searcy

The Austin twins bring the lumber with their hits while this guy is more of a playmaker. I wouldn't mind him getting a look at safety at some point. He has a knack for tracking the ball down and can come from flat across the field to break up a pass. Looks ok as a WR too. Has enough speed to get behind defenders and the ups to win jump ball situations.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/803888/qua-searcy

Doesn't wrap up when he tackles. I think WR is perfect. He even plays defense like a receiver. Devastating blocker. Adjusts to the ball while its in the air to catch it in stride.

Doesn't wrap up when he tackles. I think WR is perfect. He even plays defense like a receiver. Devastating blocker. Adjusts to the ball while its in the air to catch it in stride.

Seems a little show- offy to me. His highlights are just him scoring lots of touchdowns in a lot of different ways and generally being better than everyone else on the field. Is this really what we're looking for?

Seems a little show- offy to me. His highlights are just him scoring lots of touchdowns in a lot of different ways and generally being better than everyone else on the field. Is this really what we're looking for?

Yeah, why would we want players to enjoy making big plays.

I hope most of the kids we recruit are the best player on the field in high school.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Wow you guys actually thought I was serious? I thought it was obvious sarcasm. He scores in almost every way possible and looks to be one of the best on the field. Hell yea I'm glad we got him. For all I care he can do the Harlem shake in front of the opposing coach after he scores. I used to like celebrations, not the TO signing a ball thing but more Miami from that 30 on 30 episode.

Wow you guys actually thought I was serious? I thought it was obvious sarcasm. He scores in almost every way possible and looks to be one of the best on the field. Hell yea I'm glad we got him. For all I care he can do the Harlem shake in front of the opposing coach after he scores. I used to like celebrations, not the TO signing a ball thing but more Miami from that 30 on 30 episode.

I caught your sarcasm. And hell yeah, celebrations are the best. If I were a coach I would be mad if we didn't get a penalty on every touchdown. Of course I'd also recruit a kicker with the biggest leg. Seriously though, I think it would be a good recruiting tactic. You 'd probably get a segment on sportscenter every monday.

So wait, you are positive about your team AND you know how to employ obvious sarcasm? We don't like your kind 'round here.

In the vein of what TIA said, there are too many lame-brained folks around here who would say that with a straight face to tell sometimes.

I really think this guy is a keeper...he looks hard nosed. Plays to the end of the whistle. Really has that "it" factor you want in a football player. I am pretty sure this guy is going to make a name out of himself at Tech when it is all said and done.

If anybody cares to sit through them, there are 3 complete Lamar County HS games on Youtube from last year. VS Benedictine, VS Lovett, and VS Putnam Co.

LC runs a wing T. Lance Austin (#14) plays QB and his brother Lawrence (#16) plays RB. Qua Searcy (#6) is a WR.

I really think this guy is a keeper...he looks hard nosed. Plays to the end of the whistle. Really has that "it" factor you want in a football player. I am pretty sure this guy is going to make a name out of himself at Tech when it is all said and done.

Cliche overload

He certainly goes out there and gives it 110% every play. He also seems like a good locker room presence. I mean, its obvious he is a proven winner and he was that teams' spark plug last year. Coach says he's a film-room junkie and he really thrives in the clutch; has ice-water in his veins. I think he'll be ready to up his game to the next level right off the bat.

What strikes me is how he makes everyone around him better. Clearly a guy that wants the ball with the game on the line. A go-to guy, if you will. And not only is he a student of the game but he does things that do not show up in the box score that help his team win. A real 'coach on the field' kind of guy that you want next to you in the trenches - the kind of player that opposing coaches scheme around.

Back