#11 in the AP

Teams ranked 10-1 ahead of GT in the AP and their most difficult game(s) remaining:

TCU- @#16 BYU
LSU- @#1 Alabama
Miami- vs Clemson or @UNC
Iowa- @#18 Ohio State
Boise State- vs Idaho
Cincinnati vs#22 West VA or @#20 Pitt
USC- @#12 Oregon
Texas- @#14 Oklahoma State
Florida- @South Carolina or SECCG
Alabama- vs LSU or SECCG

Assuming we take care of our business, as far as the BCS is concerned, it would be bad news if Texas's first and only loss happens in either their conference championship, or to Oklahoma State and then both Texas and Oklahoma State win out the rest of their schedule.

What happens to Cincinnati also doesn't matter to us because only one Big East team is likely to get a BCS game.

The Big 10 is down to Iowa with Penn State looking for help and hoping other teams can play spoiler. Either way, I don't think Penn State or a one loss Iowa would get an at-large over us at this point in the season, so I don't think what Iowa does matters.

As for the rest, I guess we can hope for everyone else to simply lose.

not under rated... all the 1 loss teams above use deserve it. we're where we deserve to be...

I do not agree, USC beat a crappy OSU and a crappy ND. They also lost to a POS Washington team. Boise does not play anyone with a pulse after their first game, and Oregon always starts cold. LSU lost the only significant game they played. Cincinnati only played 1 good team so far in USF.

All of our games are losable except for maybe Vandy, anyone thinking that winning out will be easy and is a gauruntee is delusional. We will be favored in every game but that doesn't mean anything really, we have to show up and play well if we're going to win against UVA WAKE and UGA

I think everyone agrees, but by beating VT, we have essentially proven that we CAN win the rest of our games if our players and coaches stay focused. CPJ and this team is on a mission. I think they stay focused. If we drop a game, it will be due to lack of focus. The most probable game for that is either Wake or Duke.

Teams ranked 10-1 ahead of GT in the AP and their most difficult game(s) remaining:

TCU- @#16 BYU
LSU- @#1 Alabama
Miami- vs Clemson or @UNC
Iowa- @#18 Ohio State
Boise State- vs Idaho
Cincinnati vs#22 West VA or @#20 Pitt
USC- @#12 Oregon
Texas- @#14 Oklahoma State
Florida- @South Carolina or SECCG
Alabama- vs LSU or SECCG

Besides the SECCG, Florida has a relatively simple schedule.

They are ranked 66 out of 120 teams on SOS:
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/toughest schedule/fbs_9games_cumm.pdf

Texas Tech will beat Texas.

Either way though, all that matters is 1, 2, and eveyone else.

If it came down to it, would we pull for Georgie against UF if it would put us in a better position?

That thought came across my mind yesterday. No.

Unless you could guarantee that Alabama would beat Florida in the SEC title game, it doesn't help us. That, and it's still UGAg.

Georgie has won 4 more games than they should've.

I hope they lose out.....FOR-EVER. (Sandlot)

Texas does have OSU and Kansas left though. I think it's in the bag they lose one of those games.

Texas does have OSU and Kansas left though. I think it's in the bag they lose one of those games.

They've got Kansas at home, plus Kansas looked very average in their loss against awful Colorado yesterday.

If Texas is going to lose, its going to be against OSU. I don't think they can do it without Dez Bryant and I don't think he'll be back by then.

If Texas goes undefeated, they will be totally destroyed by the SEC champion (it's an unofficial National Championship tie-in) in the National Championship and the media will, once again, slobber all over the SEC.

If Texas goes undefeated, they will be totally destroyed by the SEC champion (it's an unofficial National Championship tie-in) in the National Championship and the media will, once again, slobber all over the SEC.

I concur, here is to whoever wins the west having 2 losses and pulls one out of their ass against UF in the SECCG.

Just found out that we are ranked #13 in the Harris poll, one of the two human polls used to calculate our BCS rankings. So right now, 2/3 of the BCS (the human polls) have us at an average of #13.

The computers will probably have us slightly higher ranked, nudging us up to 12 or so.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/polls

Back