12-2 or Bust?

gtcu17

Dodd-Like
So in looking at our remaining schedule, I came to the grim realization that unless this is the best season in recent Tech history (which it very well could be!), each remaining game will lead to either great things or immense disappointment.

VT
Win: Stick it to the Chokies and prove that they don't deserve their high ranking, get another awesome home win with a rocking atmosphere
Loss: Another year of letting the Coastal Division become the VT division, and having to put up with their crap for the rest of the year.

Duke
Win: Assuming a VT loss next week, GT clinches the ACC
Loss: ... NO.

UGA
Win: First win at home since '99, and all the other awesomeness associated with beating Georgia
Loss: Another year of crap, another year without a home win, and all the other depravity associated with losing to Georgia

ACC-CG
Win: Assuming Tech beats Duke and VT, sticking it to the NCAA while officially declaring Clemson as Georgia Tech's bitch
Loss: Get to the game with high hopes only to come up short, Clemson gets revenge and starts beating their chests for another year.

Orange Bowl
Win: Tops off a great season, proves to the retarts that the offense works even in bowl season, and gives the ACC some respect for actually winning the OB.
Loss: Another year of people saying the offense doesn't work and that GT can't perform on the big stage, and that even the best of the ACC can't beat a "top program."

So here we are, faced with two extremes of the spectrum where each game carries great significance with a win, but also great disappointment with a loss.

I would have made it a poll with a much darker, evil tone to make you have to choose which game you'd rather lose, but I'm going to go against my pessimistic tendencies here and say that the intent of this post is to show the possibility of awesome things in store for this team while simultaneously preparing the fans who have already doused themselves in gasoline and are waiting for one more loss to do everyone a favor and just do it. A loss anywhere from here on out is going to lead to some doomsday prophecies, but in order to avoid it this team must go 12-2, and that's not fair to expect the team to accomplish that in order for the season to be considered a good one.

Perfect example of "prepare for the worst, but hope for the best," so what say you? Is there a best worse-case scenario that would play out well for GT?

Not gonna happen.

Our D has somewhat "arrived" but Tevin can't keep banking on them to bail his ass out.

What are the odds that they win out? Greater than zero?

I think they have are heavy faves in all games except 1 where they will be 4-7 point dogs at FSU.....

giving their history of being UVA--they will lose 2 more :)

I think they have are heavy faves in all games except 1 where they will be 4-7 point dogs at FSU.....

giving their history of being UVA--they will lose 2 more :)

UVA won't be favored over VPISU. VPISU owns them like we own Clemson, and UGA owns us.

UVAs going to get beat by at least 2TDs by both FSU and VT.

BAD news for the Gailey HATERS...
hugelaugh.gif

gtcu17, is your overall point that we won't have a successful season unless we go 12-2, because losing any of the remaining games would have some big negatives come with it? If i'm putting words in your mouth, sorry, but I disagree. Losing to VT but going 10-3 with a win over uga and a non-bcs bowl win would be an awesome season and set us up nicely with a high ranking for next year. Going 11-3 with a loss in the Orange would still be an great year. I think any time you make a BCS bowl its a good season (not to mention beating uga). I refuse to consider a scenario where we don't beat uga, because it wont happen.

I just want to beat UGA. Really, really bad.

I can stomach the losses to the other teams. I could also get over losing to Duke. They have been competitive and we are playing them in Durham. We struggled there last time and that was the year we won the ACC.

I just want to beat UGA. Really, really bad.

I can stomach the losses to the other teams. I could also get over losing to Duke. They have been competitive and we are playing them in Durham. We struggled there last time and that was the year we won the ACC.

I agree with all points except the bold:

49-10

Back