12 Team CFP the favorite

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
The 6 at large will be a whole lot of sec teams every year

Techfan02

Hope is pain
If they go to 12 teams so be it I don’t want the people like Osu form last year or other teams to walk out with a trophy it’s a participation trophy, why when your trying to win the natty do you get a sugar bowl trophy it needs to keep the big bowls and all bowls away from this and have the games be playoff games itself.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
If they go to 12 teams so be it I don’t want the people like Osu form last year or other teams to walk out with a trophy it’s a participation trophy, why when your trying to win the natty do you get a sugar bowl trophy it needs to keep the big bowls and all bowls away from this and have the games be playoff games itself.
Properly formed sentences my man

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I get what you are saying and I don’t disagree. But, come on, half the country is not locked out. They just don’t emphasize the sport of college football as much as the southeast and Midwest. It’s the same reason the Southeast doesn’t dominate soccer or lacrosse. The people just don’t care to be high level at it. This is a big country with regional differences. I lived in New Jersey for many years starting my career after GT and it sucked bigly when it came to college football. It was funny, but I remember working many Sundays because everyone else wanted off to watch or attend the NFL. They couldn’t understand why I wanted to spend my Saturday watching college football from noon to midnight.

I‘m all for changing rules but the chance of them lowering the numbers is zero. It’s all about politics at this point so no way will they limit free college to certain groups. College football is becoming a regional sport because many regions just don’t care about it. Even when USC was riding high under Carroll no one cared out there. We did because we are fans but do we care when local teams win something in a sport we don’t follow? No. It sucks that our nation is turning away from a sport we all love but not much anyone can do. Getting someone in Cali or the northeast to care about college football is like trying to get me to care about the WNBA or any soccer league. It’s just not going to happen even if the United win 5 straight titles.
What about the granddaddy of them all the Rose Bowl is played in California.

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
So for those concerned about half the SEC being in the playoffs, here are the number of SEC teams that probably would get in based on the final CFP rankings

2014 - 3 - bama, miss st, ole miss
2015 - 1 - Bama
2016 - 1 - Bama
2017 - 2 - Bama, Auburn
2018 - 4 - Bama, georgie, Florida, LSU
2019 - 3 - LSU, georgie, Florida

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
What about the granddaddy of them all the Rose Bowl is played in California.
And no one out there cares and no one in the East cares about that game unless it’s one of the 2 semi finals. The bowls are dead and ain’t coming back.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
I'm not a fan of ND but if they finish a reasonably competitive schedule with a record that is reasonably similar to the conf champs then there is no damn reason to exclude them. In the plan to allow 12 teams, there is plenty of room for deserving teams that don't fit the mold.

I just can't advocate blocking ND when the tortured logic needed to do so would also block other teams from getting in that clearly deserve their shot. That is what I like about the 12 team plan - nobody that even has a prayer of making some noise gets left out. Plus, its a bunch more good games.
They could join the conference.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
To what are you referring, Willis?

Techfan02

Hope is pain
To what are you referring, Willis?
That OSU shouldn’t have a sugar bowl trophy ,or other teams like bama’s rose bowl, ect it’s stupid to combine the sugar bowl or other notable bowls
into this playoff

GTRules

You’re Mamma
That OSU shouldn’t have a sugar bowl trophy ,or other teams like bama’s rose bowl, ect it’s stupid to combine the sugar bowl or other notable bowls
into this playoff
Why does that bother you? Seems like something silly to get all warped out of shape about.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
into this playoff
Are you implying the playoff games are easier than traditional rose bowl matchups or similar? Because that is not the case more often than not.

still don’t see why we can’t allow all conference champs. Every other sport and FCS football does it.