#12 - WDE/OLB Eddie Watkins

I know we have 5 more than the gaggers and that's what gets our score up there but IDGAF:

10.png

So many recruits on the defensive line in this class!

I was just about to ask. How many are we taking at this WDE/OLB position?

In the books, we have: Watkins (WDE or OLB), Meiguez (OLB), and Behrens (OLB).
That leaves Groce (OLB), Height (OLB), Webb (OLB), and Anderson (WDE). Am I missing others at this position that are uncommitted? I assume Webb is a take regardless, or are we slow playing Groce now and waiting on Webb, as it seems Height is a commit any day now?

I'm assuming with all of this Stone and Wiggles are SDE. Is that right?

Last edited:

That leaves Groce (OLB), Height (OLB), and Webb (OLB). Am I missing others at this position that are uncommitted? I assume Webb is a take regardless, or are we slow playing Groce now and waiting on Webb, as it seems Height is a commit any day now?

I have absolutely no idea how this will shake out, but it is good to see us adding depth to the defensive positions that need the most rotation. The advantage of not having to recruit 6 running backs per class!

That leaves Groce (OLB) and Webb (OLB). Am I missing others at this position that are uncommitted? I assume Webb is a take regardless, or are we slow playing Groce now and waiting on Webb?

Wiggles could go either way depending on how much they bulk him up.

At OLB we have an offer out to Romello Height, as well and he likely to commit pretty soon, I think. We also have an offer out to Watkins' teammate Cameron Riley. Phillip Webb is our biggest target there, though.

At WDE our most likely targets are 4* William Anderson and 3* Jared Ivey.

As far as what position they play in college, so much can change between now and then with their size and speed.

Think I read somewhere too that Meiguez could move to ILB. Could be mis-remembering though.

Chub engaged. I get the "numbers" vs "avg star rating" argument, but damn that sequencing of teams feels pretty good.

Yep. I think getting our numbers and ranking up there makes us a more attractive option to the 4 stars who will probably commit in the summer. And one thing I notice about all these guys is their size. These are not undersized reaches. They all have the measurables that CGC is looking for, and that's before they get coached up and meet Mr. Caralla..

Chub engaged. I get the "numbers" vs "avg star rating" argument, but damn that sequencing of teams feels pretty good.

Can't believe UNC is going so well right now. They have matched us on count and have 4 pack of 4 stars to boot. Very impressive for Mack.

Back