#12 - WDE/OLB Eddie Watkins

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I thought we weren't going to be losing recruits to schools like Purdue anymore.
This is a bad take. You take early commitments, you will lose a couple. Watkins is a Marco Coleman project we will likely replace with a higher rated player, anyway. Everyone has decommits, including Bama and uga. You actually have more decommits when you are after players more teams want. Drink your juice.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
This is a bad take. You take early commitments, you will lose a couple. Watkins is a Marco Coleman project we will likely replace with a higher rated player, anyway. Everyone has decommits, including Bama and uga. You actually have more decommits when you are after players more teams want. Drink your juice.
So you are predicting a 4 star replace, that's pretty bold. Otherwise yes I agree, everyone has de-commits; but I think it is more likely this one comes back than we replace him with a higher rated player at that position.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
So you are predicting a 4 star replace, that's pretty bold. Otherwise yes I agree, everyone has de-commits; but I think it is more likely this one comes back than we replace him with a higher rated player at that position.
Watkins isn't one of our higher rated commits. He started as one of our lowest and got a slight bump to mid 3 star. We took him on upside potential. Good size and speed, but I really think he was Marco Coleman's guy. I think it is likely we replace him with a high 3 star like Jared Ivey or someone comparable, yes. He has been indicating a flip for months, so no one is caught off guard and we have been recruiting aggressively at his position. Decommits very rarely come back., but it is always possible.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I"ll wait here while you name a commit we lost to Elon.
Heywood Jablome. Thankfully for us, he's been a disaster on the college level. Constantly blowing coverages. Plays soft. Never would stick a hard lick

GoldSox

Varsity Lurker
Could this have anything to do with Clayton’s transfer waiver denial? This kid could have been banking on less competition at the position in the coming years, and the recent decision by the NCAA impacts that.

I doubt it was a sole factor, but it could have weighed in. Maybe...

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Could this have anything to do with Clayton’s transfer waiver denial? This kid could have been banking on less competition at the position in the coming years, and the recent decision by the NCAA impacts that.

No it doesn't. Clayton has the same amount of time to finish regardless of whether he gets immediate eligibility or sits and loses a year. The only thing that could extend it is uf he got a medical waiver for an additional year, which he has not.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Watkins isn't one of our higher rated commits. He started as one of our lowest and got a slight bump to mid 3 star. We took him on upside potential. Good size and speed, but I really think he was Marco Coleman's guy. I think it is likely we replace him with a high 3 star like Jared Ivey or someone comparable, yes. He has been indicating a flip for months, so no one is caught off guard and we have been recruiting aggressively at his position. Decommits very rarely come back., but it is always possible.
FWIW he hasn't decommitted. Someone apparently jumped the gun on that reporting, and while it won't surprise me if/when he does decommit, he hasn't yet. I agree though we have guys that I think the coaching staff like just as much or maybe even more in that spot if he does go.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Really don’t give a crap about his ranking. I like this kid’s tape a lot and hope he sticks around.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Heywood Jablome. Thankfully for us, he's been a disaster on the college level. Constantly blowing coverages. Plays soft. Never would stick a hard lick
He seems to show up in the news occasionally though.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.

Clayton plays on the strong side.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
FWIW he hasn't decommitted. Someone apparently jumped the gun on that reporting, and while it won't surprise me if/when he does decommit, he hasn't yet. I agree though we have guys that I think the coaching staff like just as much or maybe even more in that spot if he does go.
Well, I hope for his sake he stays. I would hate to hear about him plucking chickens at Perdue because he turned down an excellent opportunity in the 404.