14 game playoff

I say yes to the format being discussed on AQ of SEC/BIG 3 apiece ACC/BIG12 2 apiece and one from non-group 4 -
Why? Having a set number of AQs from a conference is stupid. You don't know how each will do every year. Some conferences have an up or down year as a whole. There may be a year ACC has 3 deserving teams and SEC or B1G really only has 2 worthy candidates. Fortunately, this thing will likely be blown to hell by then and there either won't be conferences or it will be 2 giant ones.

2 game regular season with 14 game playoff starting Labor Day, oh joy..........can't wait........
I can't wait to tell my grandkids about when mortgage rates were under 3% and college football was still college football....

3 AQ’s for the SEC and Big 10 - the mess these conferences have created is not about competition, it is all about entitlement. It is time to get to the inevitable next step - the two big conferences expand to whatever they decide is optimal size and they hold their own playoff and control the revenue. The champions of their own playoff then meet for the college super bowl. What this does to all of the rest of the sports seems to make no difference to AD’s and Presidents.

We haven't even had a run-through of the 12 team playoff.
well, see, 12 actually kinda makes some logical sense, we can't have that here in clown world, so in the name of money and retardation, we gotta pump those numbers up. see NFL playoff expansion for reference.

2 game regular season with 14 game playoff starting Labor Day, oh joy..........can't wait........
I can't wait to tell my grandkids about when mortgage rates were under 3% and college football was still college football....
So you’re saying back in the 1960’s and maybe the early 1970’s before players were getting paid under the table, cars, etc?

CFB has not been about education for a long, long time. So let’s not pretend its about education or amateur athlete status. The myth of what CFB was, is not what it truly is. It’s been a minor league farm system since the NFL became the NFL.

It seems kinda stupid to already be discussing expansion when we haven't even had a 12-game playoff yet

So you’re saying back in the 1960’s and maybe the early 1970’s before players were getting paid under the table, cars, etc?

CFB has not been about education for a long, long time. So let’s not pretend its about education or amateur athlete status. The myth of what CFB was, is not what it truly is. It’s been a minor league farm system since the NFL became the NFL.

For the record, I never said anything or implied about education or amateurism, I'm referring to the orders of magnitude in difference between now and just a few years ago. The transfer portal cluster, NIL explosion, conference realignment, etc. There has always been bag men paying players but now it's not even comparable to just 10 years ago or less. Recruits now demanding thousands just for an OV, Lambos, Million dollar deals, it has turned into the Wild West.

For the record, I never said anything or implied about education or amateurism, I'm referring to the orders of magnitude in difference between now and just a few years ago. The transfer portal cluster, NIL explosion, conference realignment, etc. There has always been bag men paying players but now it's not even comparable to just 10 years ago or less. Recruits now demanding thousands just for an OV, Lambos, Million dollar deals, it has turned into the Wild West.
And I whole heartedly agree with that. And the NCAA is 100% to blame for what has transpired over the last 4 years. This all could have been limited if they would have been proactive instead of lining their own pockets as a billion dollar industry.

Do I like what’s going on? For the most part, hell no. I don’t really care about conference expansion, because that’s been going on for a much longer period of time. The other junk, I pin 100% at the feet of the NCAA.

Why? Having a set number of AQs from a conference is stupid. You don't know how each will do every year. Some conferences have an up or down year as a whole. There may be a year ACC has 3 deserving teams and SEC or B1G really only has 2 worthy candidates. Fortunately, this thing will likely be blown to hell by then and there either won't be conferences or it will be 2 giant ones.
Because I think it more likely the ACC only gets one team, the bias for SEC and the SOS formula is real. Let's make sure we have 2 and hopefully we can get one more through the selection process.

the NCAA is 100% to blame for what has transpired over the last 4 years. This all could have been limited if they would have been proactive instead of lining their own pockets as a billion dollar industry.
The NCAA makes very little from football. I understand you are passionate about this, hence your post count in this thread, but please educate yourself in the matter.

There is no doubt that while the ACC slept, the Big Ten and SEC grabbed major college football teams. They will always get ahead in anything subjective (there are simply more writers voting in the Big Ten region for example). So grabbing two autos for the ACC is not bad. The problem I have is that the Big 12 leftovers have done nothing, ever! Their conference is deep and decent, but the ACC has created national champions. Why do they deserve the recognition equal to the ACC? This is a dumb move brought by sec, big ten to further separate parties. Vote no.

There is no doubt that while the ACC slept, the Big Ten and SEC grabbed major college football teams. They will always get ahead in anything subjective (there are simply more writers voting in the Big Ten region for example). So grabbing two autos for the ACC is not bad. The problem I have is that the Big 12 leftovers have done nothing, ever! Their conference is deep and decent, but the ACC has created national champions. Why do they deserve the recognition equal to the ACC? This is a dumb move brought by sec, big ten to further separate parties. Vote no.
Your point on the Big12 is valid, however, I think I had rather have two Big12 teams than another SEC/BIGI. Add in ACC locking up 2 spots and vote yes. After the FSU fiasco last year, I want automatic spots not at large spots because I'm convinced that we will get scr**** if it's based on a judgment.

I’m guessing the next proposal will give them a 10 point lead in all their playoff games too.

No doubt payouts will be based on which round of the playoffs you reach as well, similar to the NCAA tournament.

Back