2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

gtland or gteric, are we going after any really big bodies that could play the nose? I'm a little concerned that we aren't gonna have the girth up front to really thrive playing a 3-4

I wouldn't worry. We will find someone.

I'm not worried about landing a quality nose. CAG is working the DC/VA area hard fir some big boys.

Not to mention Battle is a lock to GT if he gets an offer. When 100% healthy, he's the best DT in GA.

This thread is dead. I will try get in going again

Yeah, I'll start posting any changes to our prospect list. Unfortunately a few have gone against us recently but we also have new guys on the radar regularly.

AJC is reporting (or stole from Kelly Quinlan I should say) that we have offered DB Dominique Noble and we lead for him.

Very solid player that I would love to have...his size at CB is great.

It was till Clemson stepped in a couple of weeks ago.
The lure and appeal of Clemson is downright baffling: we own them in football; we have more MNCs; we have a superior head coach as are our academics. It's amazing that a agricultural college with little to zero tradition (other than the silly rock) can reel in the kind of talent they do. Sure they offer BS majors for athletes, but what else?

they offer you the chance to be BMOC, since you are kind of a big fish in a small pond at CU

I think Clemson has a lot to offer. Huge stadium, passionate fans who compared to most are not so terrible, pretty campus, good tradition. Dabo is a young Coach with what seems like a great personality. I am just grateful the state of South Carolina does not provide as many great players as Georgia or Florida, or they would be better. Seriously, if your kid could play college football, wouldn't you think Clemson would be a good choice? I see them as the ACC's version of Auburn. I get the attraction.

I think Clemson has a lot to offer. Huge stadium, passionate fans who compared to most are not so terrible, pretty campus, good tradition. Dabo is a young Coach with what seems like a great personality. I am just grateful the state of South Carolina does not provide as many great players as Georgia or Florida, or they would be better. Seriously, if your kid could play college football, wouldn't you think Clemson would be a good choice? I see them as the ACC's version of Auburn. I get the attraction.

Why? I'm not. If South Carolina did, maybe we wouldn't have to worry about them going after a big recruiting target that goes to school some 20 miles from campus.

Back