2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Changed Jabari Hunt-Days to a commit. Rivals and Scout position rankings added also.

James Vaughters is going to announce Thursday, any word on if we have a decent shot?

Doesn't seem like we are picking up any momentum on the recruiting front yet. What I mean is we haven't enticed top talent to commit yet, like what happened with 2007's class.

Took Harrison too Georgia's camp yesterday. Not what I expected as far as camp goes but damn they had studs there. 50 lineman and avg. size was 6'4" 275 No lardasses were there either. Harrison was the smallest kid. Their coaches seem too work hard with about 15 of them (ones they are going to offer now). Beating Tech last November woke them up.

Heading too Auburn today and Florida tomorrow, Friend is taking them down so I can't wait to here the differences.

Looks like Tennessee got Brian Randolph according to Scout - Link

Kinda sucks... fortunately it seems like we have plenty of talent and depth at Safety which may have been a factor in his choice.

Took Harrison too Georgia's camp yesterday. Not what I expected as far as camp goes but damn they had studs there. 50 lineman and avg. size was 6'4" 275 No lardasses were there either. Harrison was the smallest kid. Their coaches seem too work hard with about 15 of them (ones they are going to offer now). Beating Tech last November woke them up.

Heading too Auburn today and Florida tomorrow, Friend is taking them down so I can't wait to here the differences.

If you don't mind me asking out of curiosity, is GT not in the picture?

Looks like Tennessee got Brian Randolph according to Scout - Link

Kinda sucks... fortunately it seems like we have plenty of talent and depth at Safety which may have been a factor in his choice.

Just got Darren Waller as a safety commit.

6'5", 205lbs, 4.37 electronically timed 40.
:wow: incredible measurables

The best thing about this commit is that we didn't need a safety commit and have passed over several other highly rated guys. We took this guy just because we wanted him.

I know we only have another day to wait, but why are people so sure that Vaughters is a Stanford committ? Isn't the fact he made his decision to announce right after spending time on the GT campus at 360 reason to hope?

Imagine, Vaughters, Tuitt, Waller (who might bring his cousin Curtis Grant), ...

With a Defense recruiting class like that plus CPJ's offense ...

I know we only have another day to wait, but why are people so sure that Vaughters is a Stanford committ? Isn't the fact he made his decision to announce right after spending time on the GT campus at 360 reason to hope?

Imagine, Vaughters, Tuitt, Waller (who might bring his cousin Curtis Grant), ...

With a Defense recruiting class like that plus CPJ's offense ...

Hoping is one thing. Reality is another. We'll see what happens...

He loves Tech but not really heard that much from them, who knows what will happen.
I normally mind my own business and will do so here if asked but if Harrison wants to go to Tech have you considered stopping by CPJ's office and handing him some tape.

Its admirable to be humble/unassuming but when it comes to one's children, one does what one has to do and if you haven't earned the right to do that then no one has.

I'm not going to be one of those father's who calls the school he played for and tell them too recruit his son. Bohannon is the recruiter for Harrison's school as well as Sewak lives in the district as well. There were several camps down there this summer and several kids from Walton got invited, Harrison just happened to be one of the ones that didn't. USC, UGA, Auburn and Florida all sent personal invites so he went. Harrison will be a Jr. this year so there is time for things too shake out. Tech knows about Harrison and now it's time for Harrison to step up and play the way he should.

Back