2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Scout recently did some updating of their position rankings, which are reflected in the OP.

Some Highlights/Lowlights:
Jabari Hunt-Days now #31 OLB, was #7 FB.
Darren Waller now #42 Safety, was unranked.
Airyn Willis now #93 WR, was #44 WR.

Awesome. If Willis can drop 7 more spots, he'll be ranked where Bay Bay was. :rolleyes:

awesome...lol..WR's drop 49 spots when they commit to us! :)

C'mon, I am sure those 49 guys who moved past him all caught a lot of balls in May and June.

Hey, maybe there are some REALLY BIG 7-on-7 tournaments somewhere that we don't know about.:rolleyes:

Reason #5,789 why fans' infatuation with recruiting is stupid.

If there were really a way to rank all WR recruits from 1 to a billion (or however many there are out there) and Willis was truly the 93rd best at the position...that's still pretty good. At 93 he would be 1 of the top 2 players at his position in his state (assuming all states have equal amount of talent). Even without the assumption, he would be top 10 or so at his position in a talent rich state.

All that to say, there's no effin' difference between 44 and 93.

Does any body have any information on Kris Frost? I looked back a few pages and didn't see his name mentioned.

how close is Tuitt to committing? I've heard rumors that he may have already done so with a silent commit? Seems like he's visiting GT an awful lot! If he committs soon, he could easily help sway other big names to commit to GT.......

He's not a silent from what I know...and he's a long way from a decision. He's going to take all five officials.

He's not a silent from what I know...and he's a long way from a decision. He's going to take all five officials.
But GT is a very comfortable number one on his list. UGA is no longer in the picture, which is always a relief.

I disagree that we have a comfortable lead...yes we lead but its not by a lot as your led to believe.

I disagree that we have a comfortable lead...yes we lead but its not by a lot as your led to believe.
I hope that isn't the case. It's hard to believe we wouldn't have a comfortable lead. If he goes to NSD, I don't like our chances, though.

We will find out a lot this Summer when he visits UT again, Auburn and if he is able to make down to Miami. Notre Dame will likely have a big impact on him as well.

Was Tuitt's most recent visit his official one? And of his 5 has he used any yet?

He's had six visits if I remember correct...and no officials don't start till the season starts.

Does anybody have any personal scoop on Joe Morrow? Per Scout, we're still in his mix, but does anyone know anything more/different?

I hear Wilder didn't end up visiting us last weekend? What's up with that? Does he plan on making it up any other time?

According to someone in the other thread on Wilder, he has scheduled a 2 day visit, but Eric says we oughta just plan to move on from Wilder.

I believe Eric, he seems to have a pretty darn good handle on recruiting. I think he likes it more than actual football, it is in fact a game inside of a game. Some love it, some don't care, I love it and I know Eric does.

If we land him great, but IMO he's just a recruit. As Paul Johnson quoted Erk Russell, "all recruits come highly recommended". That's they way I view the star system, a recommendation, but nothing to rely heavily upon.

Back