2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

He's said he will visit but he's also cancelled on us numerous times...I will believe it when I see it. He may commit to UF at FNL this week.

I do love recruiting but not more than the actual game. I'm just a big GT fan and recruiting is just another way to be closer to the program. That way when these kids sign with GT I know what to expect and who we have on the roster. I'm not one who just wants to know the starters I want to know the whole 85 plus walkons. All in all I just love Georgia Tech.

I know we are extending offers to several young men, but do we partake in the act of "overextending" offers? Basically, do we offer more young men than we have room far based on some of them we know we won't get?

Also, will we save room for certain players who won't be deciding until NSD...(i.e. if we are taking 3 LB's and 3 commit by October, would we still have room for Curtis Grant if that situation played out on NSD?).

I know we are extending offers to several young men, but do we partake in the act of "overextending" offers? Basically, do we offer more young men than we have room far based on some of them we know we won't get?

Not an insider or anything, but believe most all teams extend more offers than they have spots, but let people know that the spots are limited, and the first "x" people that take them up will get them. Believe we also build in a cushion for those NSD longshots...

WR Joe Morrow apparently committed to Miss State over the weekend. Any guesses on who/when for our next commit?

Sounds like we will be putting together a pretty good "basketball" team....Shaq, Dominique, and maybe Stephon? ;)

Don't count your chickens yet. Only 1 of those 3 have committed.

Noble is visiting PSU this week. They could still land him.

I know...it was all in jest. Shaq is already committed and underrated from what I'm hearing. Dominique would be a good pickup as well....haven't heard much about him though. Stephon seems like the real deal...I hope he considers us the "real deal" as well. Thanks for your updates gt23eric!

No, he didn't have a offer. Just cause a recruit claims one doesn't mean they have it.

No, he didn't have a offer. Just cause a recruit claims one doesn't mean they have it.

Fair enough. I don't know one way or the other. I just appreciate the thread, and the OP removes names from the front page after they commit somewhere.

Those sites get their info from the recruits, high school coaches and parents, not the college. Correct?

Yeah, I think it's a violation for the University to discuss it.

Anyone know the spirit behind the rule about prohibiting schools from commenting on recruits prior to signing day?

Yeah, some sites get their info from the recruits.

The good sites confirm their info with the coaches. :D

Since Rivals lists him as having an offer from us, does that make them not a good site? :p

Back