2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Since Rivals lists him as having an offer from us, does that make them not a good site? :p

:laugher: nice! Any site publisher can edit the offers. So Duke's Site Publisher could have asked Boyd who he had "offers" from and then just clicked them in.

I know for a fact that Boyd didnt have an offer from GT. If he did, he would have already been a commit LONG ago.

Not all the guys I have in the OP have offers, many of them are guys where there is interest and there is a possiblity of an offer at a later date.

Bryan Chamberlain was recently evaluated by ESPN and is now the #59 Tackle.

:laugher: nice! Any site publisher can edit the offers. So Duke's Site Publisher could have asked Boyd who he had "offers" from and then just clicked them in.

I know for a fact that Boyd didnt have an offer from GT. If he did, he would have already been a commit LONG ago.

Does anybody know GT's recruiting strategy this year? Let me explain what I mean. According to Scout's Prospects list (sorry GTLand, but I haven't found a similar Rivals page, though I haven't looked real hard), we only have offers out to a couple of 2*s. My uneducated expectation has been that we'd be looking to have around 15 commits before the start of the season so that we're only looking for at most a half-dozen or so recruits during the last month or so before NSD. Does anybody know if GT has some sort of schedule of when they'll start opening up with more offers? For example, if we had less than 15 commits in January, and Boyd was still available, we might have thrown him an offer, right? So my question is, does anybody know if GT is working off of some sort of timetable like this?

Justin Coleman (CB) R #22 CB committed to Tennessee. No sweat, we're in very good shape with several CB's better than Coleman.

Updated Jeff Greene (WR) as a commit and added links to his profile on all 3 sites.

Removed Mack Crowder (C) R #13 C, Tennessee commit.

any more updates on doran grant? and has dominique noble made a decision yet?

any more updates on doran grant? and has dominique noble made a decision yet?

This gem came from a Penn State site:
NC DB Dominique Noble isn't the highest-rated recruit on Penn State's recruiting board this year, but if the Nittany Lions could grab him out of North Carolina, and away from a rising program like Georgia Tech, it would help solidify this class as anything but a bust.

Oh, and he was on campus yesterday! I'll probably do a short update about that, if anything interesting comes from the visit. So keep an eye out for that.

Noble told BWI ($) that Penn State will have to work for his commitment:

"I really do like Penn State. At the beginning of this, they were like at the top. Hopefully for them they can change my mind, but if not, it will be Georgia Tech."​
That's not the kind of thing you want to hear, but you have to imagine that GT is going hard after a guy one state over from them. Noble said he wants to basically be catered to up and down, which doesn't seem to fit right with Penn State's (read:JoePa's) image. Still, Penn State shouldn't drop the ball here, and better swallow its pride and schmooze this kid.

So, I think we're still on top for him but that he's delaying his decision.

I feel confident that GT can land Noble. I believe Noble wants to major in engineering. Which obviously, why would you go to Penn St. over GT for engineering? I mean GT practically invented engineering! :)

No idea.

But I'm very happy with this class so far. I think we may add two more commits before the season starts.

No idea.

But I'm very happy with this class so far. I think we may add two more commits before the season starts.

Yeah, we definitely seem to be making some solid hits. Of those committed already, I expect Hunt-Days and Q. Morgan may get an extra "star" this year, and maybe one of the linemen. We don't seem to be throwing out offers lightly this year, which suggests to me that we're still hopeful of getting some pretty big names.

Doubt Q gets another star.

Be surprised if Jabari doesn't.

Yeah got some big names we still have a shot at

QB Vad Lee
A back Romar Morris
OL Errin Joe
DE Stephon Tuitt
DE Roderick Byers
NT Darian Cooper (longshot)
LB TreMayne McNair
DB Blake Countess
DB Dominique Noble