2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Looks like Wilder eliminated GT today per AJC reports. He would have been a good one! Not really a surprise though.

There hasn't been a lot of positive news in GT recruiting for a while (really has only been Q Morgan and the Wilder thing). Any of the recruiting folks know if Anything is happening?

There hasn't been a lot of positive news in GT recruiting for a while (really has only been Q Morgan and the Wilder thing). Any of the recruiting folks know if Anything is happening?

Yes, we're trying to offset UGAs 'Dream Team' by selling the 'Nightmare Team'. CPJ dressing up as Freddie Kruger is not having the desired effect. :eek5:

Yes, we're trying to offset UGAs 'Dream Team' by selling the 'Nightmare Team'. CPJ dressing up as Freddie Kruger is not having the desired effect. :eek5:

I heard that we were trying to go several dream levels deep to plant the idea in recruits that they want to attend Tech.

Good stuff is brewing under the surface it appears and should become apparent within the next couple weeks. Don't fret.

Last I heard it was prob 60-40 unc-GT. Is this still how it's looking? The kid looks dang good in his highlight videos. I'd love to have him.

I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I don't see GT landing top notch players specifically for the A-back posistion on a consistent basis. I do think B.J. Bostic will be a good one, but he wasn't a player that a ton of big schools were after.

Most of your really good RBs want to carry the ball a lot, but he A-back position doesn't get a lot of touches for a few reasons: 1) the QB and B-Back carry the load, 2) 3 or 4 A-backs are susbistituted nearly the entire game which reduces chances, 3) the WRs will get some action too.

I think that's not a terrible situation though Nashville. Just like the plethora of 280-lb OLs we get to choose from because they're left on the table by teams with traditional offenses, I think there are a lot of RBs that appear too light that we can use. If a kid is being recruiting for receiver but he wants to be in the backfield, we're in like Flynn.

And weve missed on a lot of our top targets.

Any early analysis out there yet about the root cause(s) for so many misses?

Overwhelming negative recruiting, aimed too high in many cases, not a good year for talent, <insert random reasoning here>, etc.???

Dang. This is sucks. I was really hoping to see him as an A back. Bitch must have told him something he really wanted to hear, otherwise I can't see why any offensive player would play on that offensive train wreck.

Any early analysis out there yet about the root cause(s) for so many misses?

Overwhelming negative recruiting, aimed too high in many cases, not a good year for talent, <insert random reasoning here>, etc.???

Just missing on guys. Not sure why. But i miss Giff. Finished second on many guys...Romar Morris, James Vaughters, Thomas O'Reily, Brian Randolph, David Helton, etc.

Back