2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Dang. This is sucks. I was really hoping to see him as an A back. Bitch must have told him something he really wanted to hear, otherwise I can't see why any offensive player would play on that offensive train wreck.

Or because hes from UNC, Majority of family there and best friend Rankin will also be playing football at UNC next year.

Or because hes from UNC, Majority of family there and best friend Rankin will also be playing football at UNC next year.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize he had that much of a connection there. Can't really blame him then. That's a lot of attachment. Good luck to him.

I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but I don't see GT landing top notch players specifically for the A-back posistion on a consistent basis. I do think B.J. Bostic will be a good one, but he wasn't a player that a ton of big schools were after.

Most of your really good RBs want to carry the ball a lot, but he A-back position doesn't get a lot of touches for a few reasons: 1) the QB and B-Back carry the load, 2) 3 or 4 A-backs are susbistituted nearly the entire game which reduces chances, 3) the WRs will get some action too.

He'll get even fewer carries at UNC, they primarily want him at Slot Receiver but they told him they'll use him some at RB. Standard recruiting. As Eric said, personal connections probably won out. We'll see if it holds if the NCAA comes down on them.

FWIW Scout has Vad Lee as "high interest" in NC State while "medium interest" in the others.

FWIW Scout has Vad Lee as "high interest" in NC State while "medium interest" in the others.

FWIW, that means nothing. They just havent updated anything in the last century. Including message boards and the whole entire site.

Just to revisit a point on Morris written in the AJC Blog (and likely elsewhere)

"But North Carolina won out after coach Butch Davis and his staff promised Morris he’d play tailback in their pro-style offense rather than slot receiver as had originally been discussed."

Does anyone else think this reeks of complete, utter BS?

Just to revisit a point on Morris written in the AJC Blog (and likely elsewhere)

"But North Carolina won out after coach Butch Davis and his staff promised Morris he’d play tailback in their pro-style offense rather than slot receiver as had originally been discussed."

Does anyone else think this reeks of complete, utter BS?

I agree, it sounds like they're just telling him what he wants to hear right now but then they're gonna coerce him into doing what they want.

I bet they'll line let him up at tailback for a while and then tell him he has the option of playing backup tailback or starting as a slot receiver...

FWIW, that means nothing. They just havent updated anything in the last century. Including message boards and the whole entire site.

Simmer down Rivals guy. No one's interested in a rivals vs scout argument. Obviously at some point he expressed more interest in nc st than the others.

Board updated with new commits. ESPN loves our newest players. Lee is a Top 150 player and the #14 ATH and Caldwell is their #26 DE, FWIW.

Back