2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

[In best Chip Towers imitation] Speaking of Tuitt, looks like there's some not so great news on that front:

Link

It's not that big of deal.
1. Towers wrote it.
2. Tuitt's never really named a leader publicly but he has said things that make it seem Tech stood out to him.
3. He likes the attention now but he's gonna be bombarded once the season starts and he may want get it over with. The sooner the decision the better for us.

What kind of shot do we have at the kid named Blake Countess? Scout says we're the only school of high interest on his list of schools who have offered him. Anyone have any info on him?

What kind of shot do we have at the kid named Blake Countess? Scout says we're the only school of high interest on his list of schools who have offered him. Anyone have any info on him?

We're in good shape. He had a great visit in July. Seems like he's still pretty open though and isn't that close to deciding although he doesn't appear to be a NSD guy.

He seems like a bit of a wildcard much like his former teammate, Louis Young. Young decommitted from Stanford twice before we landed him thanks to his ties to Groh. If Groh made a lasting impression at Good Counsel, I would not be surprised to see Countess come to Tech.

On a side note, I would LOVE to see Groh create ties at Good Counsel. I've watched them play in person and they could beat some college teams with their talent.

Kasen Williams (WR) R #22 WR committed to Washington. Following in his Dad's footsteps. Can't be mad about that.

I'm not worried about how we're doing recruiting wise as a team, but I am concerned about DL recruitment. I know Tuitt would be a HUGE win for the DL, but I'm not really hearing anything about DL prospects, and specifically NG prospects. We really NEED a hog out there.

Does anybody know if there are any uncommitted recruits at today's game?

I'm not worried about how we're doing recruiting wise as a team, but I am concerned about DL recruitment. I know Tuitt would be a HUGE win for the DL, but I'm not really hearing anything about DL prospects, and specifically NG prospects. We really NEED a hog out there.

I agree. Gotta have a hoss at DT, and the sooner the better.

Coach Paul Johnson doesnt really set a limit unless were limited by lack of scholarships...however this is not one of those years.

Depends on how it shakes out and what guys we land but i expect around 20.

Just to top off a wonderful weekend, everyone should be pleased to know that Tuitt just committed to Notre Dame.

better someone who's not on our schedule : (

Brian Kelly's bringin' back the Irish.

Back