2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

I'm not going to be one of those father's who calls the school he played for and tell them too recruit his son. Bohannon is the recruiter for Harrison's school as well as Sewak lives in the district as well. There were several camps down there this summer and several kids from Walton got invited, Harrison just happened to be one of the ones that didn't. USC, UGA, Auburn and Florida all sent personal invites so he went. Harrison will be a Jr. this year so there is time for things too shake out. Tech knows about Harrison and now it's time for Harrison to step up and play the way he should.

I give you a great amount of respect for that. I hope that when my son gets to that age, I will be able to put my own feelings aside and let him do what's best. It's a good thing he's only 3 right now. :laugher:

Tarik Cook (OL) committed to O'Leary, Goose and the boys at UCF

Why is it that we don't get more Stephenson HS kids? I'm sure the perception there of Ball's experience here isn't great. But still, GT would be a good destination for some of them.

FWIW, a much discussed rumor on local ESPN talk radio here yesterday was that UCF is being looked at as a new member of the Big East, which should help their recruiting cred.

FWIW, a much discussed rumor on local ESPN talk radio here yesterday was that UCF is being looked at as a new member of the Big East, which should help their recruiting cred.

Please, let's not turn this valuable thread into another one on conference expansion. :biggthumpup:

David Helton committed to Duke today. Scratch him off the LB list.

Rankings are now included with links to give you some SA on who's who. Lots of visits are happening these days so check player profiles regularly for updates.

Removed Vaughters
Added Ben Councell, OLB prospect.

Excited about Ben Councell. Rivals said he had a great visit and GT may be tops on his list. Will be a tough battle with Notre Dame. I think they have been after him for a while now.

Yes, I help Kelly run the site. Also, I handle the Baseball duties. Team and Recruiting.

Saw where Ben had committed. Hate to lose him, but I think GT was a little late to the party due to him being in NC.

Added Kyle Harris (OL) as a commit.

Removed Chevelle Buie (AB) R #6 APB, he committed to Rutgers.

Very very happy with the OL class so far. We've landed four guys that we wanted early on.

If we can pull in Errin Joe or Quincy McKinney this OL class will be excellent.

Very very happy with the OL class so far. We've landed four guys that we wanted early on.

If we can pull in Errin Joe or Quincy McKinney this OL class will be excellent.

Not to hijack this very good thread, but by way of exclamation point: passing game!

Scout recently did some updating of their position rankings, which are reflected in the OP.

Some Highlights/Lowlights:
Jabari Hunt-Days now #31 OLB, was #7 FB.
Darren Waller now #42 Safety, was unranked.
Airyn Willis now #93 WR, was #44 WR.

Back