2012 Recruiting Thread

Just to clarify, no member of the Ivy League is permitted to give athletic scholarships. What typically is offered is a grant, waiver of certain fees, or a combination of the two. And, as far as I understand it, those must be completely need-based. How a given member defines "need-based," i do not know. Additionally, the fact signing up to play gets you into one of those schools is valuable to those that can afford it. I know for a fact that in 2001 the maximum annual grant at Brown University for a kid whose parents made, together, about $75,000, was $5,000. That does not get you too far. But, $75,000 is not very needy in some eyes. Just for what it's worth.

What are the chances with Atkins?
everyone seems to think it is down to just UGA (his childhood favorite and they have his 2 preferred majors) and us (he likes a lot of the players and coaches...feels comfortable). Personally...I think UGA bound.

Just to clarify, no member of the Ivy League is permitted to give athletic scholarships. What typically is offered is a grant, waiver of certain fees, or a combination of the two. And, as far as I understand it, those must be completely need-based. How a given member defines "need-based," i do not know. Additionally, the fact signing up to play gets you into one of those schools is valuable to those that can afford it. I know for a fact that in 2001 the maximum annual grant at Brown University for a kid whose parents made, together, about $75,000, was $5,000. That does not get you too far. But, $75,000 is not very needy in some eyes. Just for what it's worth.

All of the Ivy's offer about $20,000 in scholarships if you make $100,000 or less. The tough part is getting in.

Saw Dalvin Tomlinson at the game last night.....

Anybody think losing Atkins will affect Tomlinson? He has a much better chance of playing early here than at Bama.

If he really values academics then he can do his research and come to GT.

Anybody think losing Atkins will affect Tomlinson? He has a much better chance of playing early here than at Bama.

If he really values academics then he can do his research and come to GT.

Atkins was a NT offer and Tomlinson a DE offer so I doubt that would have affected anything.

Atkins was a NT offer and Tomlinson a DE offer so I doubt that would have affected anything.

Ugh... the 3-4 is killing me. Gamble and Tomlinson are listed as DTs on the recruiting websites and not being "in the know" I assume that is what we want them for.

Ugh... the 3-4 is killing me. Gamble and Tomlinson are listed as DTs on the recruiting websites and not being "in the know" I assume that is what we want them for.

Chungong DE
Kallon DE
Gamble DE - although he could be a NT..however he's coming in at DE.
Tomlinson DE

Chungong DE
Kallon DE
Gamble DE - although he could be a NT..however he's coming in at DE.
Tomlinson DE

Looks like Gamble might end up as a NT if we keep missing out on them.

Do we have any good NTs left on the board?

Gamble could also be on the OL...staff may not be as high on him at NT as they are at DE...I personally think he has a very high ceiling as a DE.

There's a couple of guys they are working on.

No way Gamble ends up at NT. If we indeed end up getting tomlinson, he'd be more likely.

Anyone has an update on how our commits are doing in their senior year. Primarily Francis Kallon.

Faith Ekakatie is playing NT in a high school 3-4 right now...has frame to get to 300 lbs. He played DE last year but keeps growing. He will take an official visit to GT...has already taken an unofficial. He is actually higher rated than Tomlinson.

Anyone has an update on how our commits are doing in their senior year. Primarily Francis Kallon.

Francis has been doing great...he told me week one he had 10 tackles, 4 solo, 3 TFL, 3 QB pressures, 1 sack and 1 blocked punt.

Faith Ekakatie is playing NT in a high school 3-4 right now...has frame to get to 300 lbs. He played DE last year but keeps growing. He will take an official visit to GT...has already taken an unofficial. He is actually higher rated than Tomlinson.

But if we take him I bet its at DE.

Back