2012 Recruiting Thread

He'd been a special admit at Tech.

Tech was willing to special admit a kid that is struggling to meet UGA's standards?

I thought special admits were for kids that didn't meet Tech's standards but were somewhat above the NCAA minimums. If not, why are this Thornton kids scores important?

Tech was willing to special admit a kid that is struggling to meet UGA's standards?

I thought special admits were for kids that didn't meet Tech's standards but were somewhat above the NCAA minimums. If not, why are this Thornton kids scores important?

Because Tech has only a few to use each year (3 I think) And the kid has to be showing progress (which Marshall is doing) to be able to clear. They still have to be able to at least clear the NCAA minimum. To my knowledge we used two last year.

Because Tech has only a few to use each year (3 I think) And the kid has to be showing progress (which Marshall is doing) to be able to clear. They still have to be able to at least clear the NCAA minimum. To my knowledge we used two last year.

And those two weren't used on elite (read 4 or 5 star) recruits?

And those two weren't used on elite (read 4 or 5 star) recruits?

Well the recruits have to want to sign with GT for that to happen. If you follow recruiting you know GT doesn't land many of the 4* types (never the 5*)

It's finally June, should start picking up some commits soon.

Brended Motely is now reported at 6'3" 200. Will take a final visit to Tech, and probably make a commitment soon after.

Going to be hard to beat out VT for him, but, he's an excellent prospect. Hope we can impress him on his next visit.

BerryGT: I don't know where you'd get the info, but some people apparently know. So, if you can figure out your best guess for how many commitments we're looking for at each posistion group on the front page of this thread, that would be great. For example, you could put it in parentheses after the title, like ILB (1).

Sorry, I've been sleeping on the job keeping the OP updated guys, works been crazy, a lot of TDY's. Just saw the flurry of activity, standard June, so I'll work on getting things updated with the commits and potential commits soon. And good idea, AE87, I'll see what I can come up with. It's probably going to be a very rough guess though, because it's hard to tell what position we're recruiting some of these guys for.

Sorry, I've been sleeping on the job keeping the OP updated guys, works been crazy, a lot of TDY's. Just saw the flurry of activity, standard June, so I'll work on getting things updated with the commits and potential commits soon. And good idea, AE87, I'll see what I can come up with. It's probably going to be a very rough guess though, because it's hard to tell what position we're recruiting some of these guys for.

No worries, I expect we all appreciate whatever you can do, time allowing.

Jonathan Taylor commits to the dawgs, and they got his teammate with him.

Are we good with any other NT?

Jonathan Taylor commits to the dawgs, and they got his teammate with him.

Are we good with any other NT?

We've been holding back on a few that we'll start pressuring now. Realize that with the Juco monster and taylor, uga is set at nt for a while. Some pretty good guys that are interested in us and uga should be having some second thoughts about them right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back