2014 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to have a sticky post of game youtube vids sorted out by year, etc... . If you put a game on youtube, will it be there forever? If so, maybe start a StingTalkTube account or something. I have almost every game from 2008-present from TYT, missing about 5-6 total, that I could upload.

We need to have a sticky post of game youtube vids sorted out by year, etc... . If you put a game on youtube, will it be there forever? If so, maybe start a StingTalkTube account or something. I have almost every game from 2008-present from TYT, missing about 5-6 total, that I could upload.

That would be excellent. If TYT isn't going to freak about it, I'd be glad to post them. We'd just need to have an FTP or something to transfer the files. Or, I'd be glad to drop them off my site and transfer them somewhere else.

To my understanding, whatever you post is there forever until you take it down.

For some reason, it takes longer for the 720p to post. It should be there later today. I'm not set up yet for 1080p recording yet. I hear that uploading and processing those take 1-2 days.

Edit: the HD version is up now...
I wouldn't worry about 1080p. Unless something has changed that I missed, ESPN only broadcasts in 720p.

I need to redo the second half. The audio got off somehow. Darned dirt banger trying to do computery things...

I need to redo the second half. The audio got off somehow. Darned dirt banger trying to do computery things...

Video editing is a PitA. I don't think most people think about all that goes into the editing, transcoding, uploading, then youtube processing when they click on a link and stream their HD video.

gespacho did you see my question about GT Football report earlier in this thread? Not trying to be a pest, but we posted at pretty much the same time and you may not have seen my post.

gespacho_the_slender thanks again for putting these up... Would it be possible for you to put up the GT Football Report as well? Since you have a capture card I thought I'd ask; I don't get those channels that it comes on.

Here are the deets:
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/multimedia/geot-football-live.html

I'll have to look in to this when I get home. If I can link to a streaming site, that may work more efficiently. Decommercializing can be time consuming. Regardless, I will check in to this.

Yeah... I think I can do that. Might just post it private and ask for requests so I don't have to decommercial the whole thing. My only concerns would be the legal implications. Football games are one thing. I have no idea about fully syndicated produced network TV programs that are NOT sporting events.

Video editing is a PitA. I don't think most people think about all that goes into the editing, transcoding, uploading, then youtube processing when they click on a link and stream their HD video.

gespacho did you see my question about GT Football report earlier in this thread? Not trying to be a pest, but we posted at pretty much the same time and you may not have seen my post.

The only problem would be getting it up before the game... I don't know that I have time to do that if it airs at 6PM Friday or 10:30 AM Saturday...

Big ups gespacho. Any chance that next time you're cutting out commercials you could also just snip every word out of Tom Luginbill's mouth?

The only problem would be getting it up before the game... I don't know that I have time to do that if it airs at 6PM Friday or 10:30 AM Saturday...

Understood... maybe we could set up a torrent for those interested? I'd be more than happy to seed and host a tracker if needed.

Fixed Audio/Video.

Also, have set up recordings of the coaches show and the ESPNU show coming up. We'll deal with the hows later.

Edit: By the coaches show, I mean the one on SportSouth... Not the weekly one on the radio.

1:46:49 to 1:46:54 is the replay of the VT chop block we need to make an animated gif out of.

Anyone know how to do that?

Fixed Audio/Video.

Also, have set up recordings of the coaches show and the ESPNU show coming up. We'll deal with the hows later.

Edit: By the coaches show, I mean the one on SportSouth... Not the weekly one on the radio.

Yeah you rock!

Thanks! I learn a little bit more about it whenever I convert, so bear with me if I delete and upload a few times. Still trying to correct some of the issues with the AV sync. There are some weird things that go along with some of the conversion software.

I am hoping ESPN adopts this at some point. Free distribution of their product without utilizing their own band width...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back