2020 ACC football schedule model

So the only 3 teams that avoid Clemson this year are UNC, Duke, and NC State. Seems legit... Nice work Swofford, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Duke is gonna suck. NC State is gonna suck.
Schedules are made for UNC

I think it’s actually NOT excellent.
NBC only pays ND something like $15M/year. The ACC contract pays more. So we’re adding another mouth to feed from the ACC contract while bringing in a smaller payout. Per team payout will therefor drop.
Yeah ND is going to make 2-3 times more from being in the ACC this year than they would have from NBC.

Yeah ND is going to make 2-3 times more from being in the ACC this year than they would have from NBC.
We can hope ESPN ratings go up having more ND games and ESPN gives A bump up in the payout to the conf.

Reactions: odw
  • Notre Dame will also play a 10-game conference schedule and be eligible to compete in the 2020 ACC Football Championship Game
  • All television revenue for the 2020 season, including Notre Dame’s home games broadcast by NBC, will be shared equally by all 15 institutions

Our draw of teams is fine. This is what I have wanted to see - no divisions, championship between best two teams. But, the Triangle avoiding Clemson altogether (when we say we are trying to play closer to home) is vintage Swofford, vintage ACC, and why I hate UNC, State and Duke passionately.

I'm curious on why we're at Miami for two years in a row? Reminds me of VT 05-06.

I think it’s actually NOT excellent.
NBC only pays ND something like $15M/year. The ACC contract pays more. So we’re adding another mouth to feed from the ACC contract while bringing in a smaller payout. Per team payout will therefor drop.
The total ACC contract pays more but we're talking about the portion that comes from football alone. ND already gets a cut of the total ACC contract because they are a member in other sports, but gets to keep the entirety of their NBC football contract money. It will probably end up closer to a wash but I've seen reports that it will be a net loss of about $4M for ND and a net gain of about $300k per member school.

Our draw of teams is fine. This is what I have wanted to see - no divisions, championship between best two teams. But, the Triangle avoiding Clemson altogether (when we say we are trying to play closer to home) is vintage Swofford, vintage ACC, and why I hate UNC, State and Duke passionately.
My only question is will playing Florida State this year ruin next years game?

My only question is will playing Florida State this year ruin next years game?

I am REALLY surprised the ACC is going with such an aggressive plan. I guess they figure they can always pare it down later.

I was really looking forward to the trip to Syracuse this year. Hopefully that will come back around before too long.

I am REALLY surprised the ACC is going with such an aggressive plan. I guess they figure they can always pare it down later.

I was really looking forward to the trip to Syracuse this year. Hopefully that will come back around before too long.
We are still playing at Syracuse this year.

We are still playing at Syracuse this year.

Yeah, but the NY governor has already said no fans at Syracuse games and travel isn’t a great idea, so even though the team may get to play, we as fans won’t get to go.

JRjr

if you cannot figure out the link, just drag the pic into your post.
Thanks but that doesn't seem to work either. I drag to where it says "Drop image (Or click here)" and release, but then nothing happens. Firefox 68.11.0esr. I suppose I could save to computer then upload as a workaround.

Thanks but that doesn't seem to work either. I drag to where it says "Drop image (Or click here)" and release, but then nothing happens. Firefox 68.11.0esr. I suppose I could save to computer then upload as a workaround.

Did you call Dell? or at least @coit?

Back