2020 Recruiting

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Or the bagman drops the envelop of cash the night before NSD. You can get buyers remorse the day after NSD as well. Any system can be manipulated.
A lot of the payments have timing on the family end. Car breaks. Job lost. A new shoe hits the market. The bagman is JD Wentworth.

Or so I've heard.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Who’s the highest rated prospect we are still in the running for?

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Lot of smoke around something happening with FSU QB commit (and recent Tech visitor) Sims today.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Lot of smoke around something happening with FSU QB commit (and recent Tech visitor) Sims today.

Sounds like he is planning to decommit (and possibly flip to us if the social media smoke is any indicator) and this is Norvell's one pitch to keep him.

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
I am guessing a decommitment from Sims today, and hopefully he will sign next week.

Hoping we get some good news re: Battle and Jayson Jones before early signing period next week.

Rumors that Gibbs OV to Bama on 12/13 has been cancelled. UF going after him hard. His plan is to sign in Feb but maybe things have changed

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Wow! Just wow! Wondering what’s on Gleason’s mind with this smoke. Hopefully these guys are open to come in here and compete. They both look fantastic.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Wow! Just wow! Wondering what’s on Gleason’s mind with this smoke. Hopefully these guys are open to come in here and compete. They both look fantastic.
Well let’s wait till he’s commuted first. But I’m excited too man.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Who’s the highest rated prospect we are still in the running for?
Guys not committed to us but still possibilities. Number is their Rivals rating.
Jalen Harrel - 117
Jimmy Callaway - 169
Nazir Stackhouse - 225

We're also in on, and likely to land a few of, Javier Morton, Jayson Jones, Jeff Sims, Jared Ivey, Khatavian Franks, maybe Rashad Battle, Phillip Wilder.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Pretty sure he welcomes any competition. That's what winners do. It only makes guys better. And FWIW, word is CGC is visiting Sims today also. Likely after Norvell meets with him.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Guys not committed to us but still possibilities. Number is their Rivals rating.
Jalen Harrel - 117
Jimmy Callaway - 169
Nazir Stackhouse - 225

We're also in on, and likely to land a few of, Javier Morton, Jayson Jones, Jeff Sims, Jared Ivey, Khatavian Franks, maybe Rashad Battle, Phillip Wilder.
I would be extremely surprised if we didn't get at LEAST 3 of those guys in your last sentence.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
A lot of great looking players still out there for us. There are a few whose names are floating around as GT potentials who look just nasty on film. CGC and crew are doing work.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Jalen Harrel - 117
Jimmy Callaway - 169
Nazir Stackhouse - 225

Are we out on Bermudez and Mesidor? What about Jeremiah Wright? I loved his DT film and heard he may visit.

Exciting times.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Pretty sure he welcomes any competition. That's what winners do. It only makes guys better. And FWIW, word is CGC is visiting Sims today also. Likely after Norvell meets with him.
Gleason bought in from day one and he seems like a smart kid. Anybody who saw us play this year would understand us trying to take 2 QBs if the opportunity presented itself. Now, the guys on the current roster may be the ones who have to think about where they stand, but I am getting ahead of myself here, obviously.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
QB recruiting is so tough so don't get too hung up on it. It would be great if Sims and Gleason comes but the way that position turns over in modern football, it will not have the impact like losing a Joe Ham or Justin Thomas.

BTW, I think QB play is very important but there is not much you can do to stockpile the position like you use to could. Recruit good players, keep in contact with possible transfers and hope for the best. If we win and start producing a "good" offense, then transfers will want to play here but until then it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Point is we have a good QB in Gleason, if he de-commits because we get Sims, then that is "normal" in football today.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Are we out on Bermudez and Mesidor? What about Jeremiah Wright? I loved his DT film and heard he may visit.

Exciting times.
I think Harrell and Morton are takes ahead of Bermudez.

Mesidor, haven't heard much about since before Thanksgiving. Sounded like UCLA. I think we will get Jared Ivey.

Wright is definitely still there but he might be left out if we hit on a couple of those other DTs. Jerzhan Newton is another DT target.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I think we get enough from our remaining list. The key is how many people we go after hard after initial signing day. The more commits we get after that day from other lists, the more misses we had.

Collins can play that game. He killed it last year coming in cold. I would prefer no new names, other than coaching carousel dislocations.