2020 Recruiting

WRT to Sims, supposedly someone posted on r/fsusports that his bio says "Florida State Commit" again.

I've been excited with this class but if we could snag him it would crank it up to the next level for me. We simply cannot afford to fail at QB going forward so having a legitimate competition between two great QB prospects along with our guys on the roster gives us the best chance to find the next leader for 3+ seasons. Then you get into having a competent backup in case something happens, someone to properly run the scout team, etc. Yeah it might bump some of our other guys off the ATL chart as far as the QB position goes but that's to be expected during this transition

WRT to Sims, supposedly someone posted on r/fsusports that his bio says "Florida State Commit" again.

I've been excited with this class but if we could snag him it would crank it up to the next level for me. We simply cannot afford to fail at QB going forward so having a legitimate competition between two great QB prospects along with our guys on the roster gives us the best chance to find the next leader for 3+ seasons. Then you get into having a competent backup in case something happens, someone to properly run the scout team, etc. Yeah it might bump some of our other guys off the ATL chart as far as the QB position goes but that's to be expected during this transition

Doesn't look promising on the Sims front. Unfortunately, he seems to be a priority for Norvell and his new OC. Kid grew up a nole fan. If they hired a dudd, I liked our chances. But in his eyes, that's not the case.

I think GT will be fine as long as they sign at least one really good QB prospect every year. Yates last year and Gleason this year. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Assuming we sign better QB’s, bumping our current QB’s might actually help them. They have a much better chance to play in the NFL at WR or DB.

Pretty sure he welcomes any competition. That's what winners do. It only makes guys better. And FWIW, word is CGC is visiting Sims today also. Likely after Norvell meets with him.
I guess we won’t know if Collins met with him or not. Regardless if the guy grew up an FSU fan it would be hard to flip him.

I'm not giving up on the Sims thing, but it does seem like Norvell's hiring has changed things.

Back