2020 Recruiting

So it looks like we should sign our current commits minus Wiggles who is likely going to Illinois and Gibbs, who will elect to wait until February 5th. In addition, we should add Sims and Franks.

The question marks:

DB: Morton: appears to be waiting until February but is probably basically committed, for all intents and purposes.

DT/DE: Jerzhan Newton: We will be in a hat show against Maryland and Illinois and he hasn't done much to tip his hand.

DT: Jayson Jones: The biggest wildcard. Best case scenario: He signs with us and shocks the world. Worst case scenario: He gets a LOI from Bama, after all, and signs with them. Other scenario: He waits and we keep recruiting him (most likely IMO).

And I really don't understand that. The whole February signing day has taken a backseat to early signing day
Some can't sign until then if they haven't done all necessary things to qualify per NCAA and/or school parameters.

Some get conditional offers from schools and have to wait until then to see if they have a spot.

And some like to take all their OV's if they haven't done so.

I honestly don't know what or who it could be if they're talking about someone off our radar maybe, but players and recruits and some staff have been hinting at something all day:

I was presuming they are still just juiced about Sims. I'd love a big surprise, though.

I honestly don't know what or who it could be if they're talking about someone off our radar maybe, but players and recruits and some staff have been hinting at something all day:

UGA at 14. Sweet! Would love to see them lose a few last minute recruits and drop below us.

Unfortunately they are much more likely to move up. They are short on numbers and still in on some good players. The early signing period does hurt teams like them, because a lot of pieces will be off the board when they have to pivot to a plan B, C.

UGA at 14. Sweet! Would love to see them lose a few last minute recruits and drop below us.
As far as the dwags are concerned it's just a small class. If you sort by average rating then it puts things in perspective. My count may have been off since it doesn't re-rank but I had us around 37th average-wise.

Unfortunately they are much more likely to move up. They are short on numbers and still in on some good players. The early signing period does hurt teams like them, because a lot of pieces will be off the board when they have to pivot to a plan B, C.

It certainly puts more emphasis on evaluating talent, and that's great news for us in the 404.

As far as the dwags are concerned it's just a small class. If you sort by average rating then it puts things in perspective. My count may have been off since it doesn't re-rank but I had us around 37th average-wise.
Meh...both avg rating and count are important. Tons of 2-3 stars become great and plenty of 4-5 stars bust. Need both quality and quantity to be a great class.

Ahh, I remember initially him being ineligible and somehow forgot the rest of the story until reading your post. I drank a lot this season, my bad.
Never apologize for drinking. Unless you’re in a program that requires it.

Back