2020 Recruiting

I’m curious about Wiggles as well. He seemed like a lock to stick based on him actively recruiting for Tech...then all of a sudden he’s visiting others and now gone. Seems odd. I hope he finds whatever he’s looking for...appears unlikely he ends up at Tech, but if he wants to be here and the coaches still want him then maybe that works out.

I wonder what happened with him.

No telling. Last minute offer? Illinois filled his spot? Doesnt have his ducks in a row school wise? There is always one weird one every year. With the way the class is finishing up, its all good.

Unfortunately they are much more likely to move up. They are short on numbers and still in on some good players. The early signing period does hurt teams like them, because a lot of pieces will be off the board when they have to pivot to a plan B, C.

Their class will still be good, but not like Smart's first one. More like a Richt class.

I wonder if the issue is that we filled his spot?...paging THESEUS!!...actually all crystal balls for him are going Illini, so maybe he filled Wiggles spot with them. Recruiting is a helluva ride this close to signing day.

Last edited:
UGA at 14. Sweet! Would love to see them lose a few last minute recruits and drop below us.

Put them out of your brain.

1. They will jump between now and Feb NSD.
2. They are too stupid to know what city they are in. Won't matter their stars. They are in a decline that started with them blowing that Bama game. Both the Cesspool and UA are done.
3. We should paint a sign at the airport "Gorgie cruts this wae to Atlanta" and arrows which end at BDS@HGF. There we dress the ones we like in white and gold or blue or whatever and throw the rest of the brook trout toward Ga State. We should get 2 or 3 years out of most of them before they realize that sumptin is not right.

I wonder if the issue is that we filled his spot?...paging THESEUS!!...actually all crystal balls for him are going Illini, so maybe he filled Wiggles spot with them. Recruiting is a helluva ride this close to signing day.

Meiguez is the prize of the BMW trio. Wiggles will be a player, but so will the guys we replaced him with. Wiggles is just lacking length, which Coach and I both value.

Shoot, I was hoping we would get him. I think you may have the sequence of events right. February is going to be all about finding DT's if we dont land Jones. I bet we have something up our sleeves, though.

I honestly don't know what or who it could be if they're talking about someone off our radar maybe, but players and recruits and some staff have been hinting at something all day:

This sort of vibe has continued throughout the evening on Twitter. Not gonna bank on a big surprise outside of Franks and Sims but obviously that would be very welcomed!

Put them out of your brain.
3. We should paint a sign at the airport "Gorgie cruts this wae to Atlanta" and arrows which end at BDS@HGF.

Kirby painting a "fake" road that sends recruits to Atlanta, confused afterwards:

giphy.gif

Back