Javier Morton
Jayson Jones
Jared Ivey
Groce or Tisdol
Nate McCollum
Nick Patterson
my_body_is_ready.png

Yeah, I just looked it up as a refresher-

Donnie Davis was the National HS player of the year in ‘92, went 55-2 @ Burlington Cummings HS. He never really achieved the status that he came in with, but looking back at the stats, Luginbill’s ‘94 numbers were about the same as Davis’ ‘93 and ‘95 numbers.

This QB decision by B*** L**** divided the locker room and led to his firing. The guy of course should have never been hired over George O’Leary, but for some reason his one successful year at East Carolina led Homer Rice to hire him -one of the few blemishes on Homer Rice’s time as AD.
This is interesting. We were able to recruit a #1 qb?

Yeah, I just looked it up as a refresher-

Donnie Davis was the National HS player of the year in ‘92, went 55-2 @ Burlington Cummings HS. He never really achieved the status that he came in with, but looking back at the stats, Luginbill’s ‘94 numbers were about the same as Davis’ ‘93 and ‘95 numbers.

This QB decision by B*** L**** divided the locker room and led to his firing. The guy of course should have never been hired over George O’Leary, but for some reason his one successful year at East Carolina led Homer Rice to hire him -one of the few blemishes on Homer Rice’s time as AD.
I believe the top 2 quarterbacks out of high school that year were Donnie Davis and Heath Shuler

I don’t expect to lose anyone

Expect to finish the class out with

Javier Morton
Jayson Jones
Jared Ivey
Groce or Tisdol
Nate McCollum
Nick Patterson
This is just conjecture right? That list has a lot of juice in it.

A good recruiter can spin a poor season into a positive thing. Art Briles' first couple classes were sold the idea that the guys could come in, contribute immediately, and build a program. I'm sure most, if not all, of these kids recognize the toughness of this transition. CGC has the potential to sell these kids on the opportunity to completely turn around a program and build a championship-caliber team.

We were ACC runner up

Mrs State was LOWER than the SEC runner up, did NOT make the SEC CG

Despite the NAME of the game being the Orange Bowl, that game was the EQUIVALENT of the Gator Bowl with Joe Ham when we were ACC Co-Champs

Recruits that follow CFB closely know that when you ADD IN 3 games at the top (2 Semis & 1 CFP-CG) then that decreases the "perceived value" of that Orange Bowl game in the eyes of Recruits, in their eyes that game was on the same level as a Gator Bowl when we were ACC runner up

GT Fans 65 & over think it was the greatest achievement since the Polio vaccine, but to RECRUITS that follow CFB closely it wasn't a big deal

When the OB isn't in the Championship Rotation it is just another Bowl Game to Recruits

In today's Social Media Age these kids are a lot more information savvy

As smart as us GT Alums are I would think that we would understand these things

Looks like StinGTalk has moved on from trashing every player on the current roster to trashing every accomplishment in the past 11 years.

I don’t expect to lose anyone

Expect to finish the class out with

Javier Morton
Jayson Jones
Jared Ivey
Groce or Tisdol
Nate McCollum
Nick Patterson
Good shot at all of them. Spiers and Patterson are close and that helps us big with the latter. None of these would surprise me, though all of them probably would. Gibbs is also gonna shoot up the rankings.

Looks like StinGTalk has moved on from trashing every player on the current roster to trashing every accomplishment in the past 11 years.

Unfair

I'm just giving ideas as to why Recruits weren't giddy over us going to an Orange Bowl

What I wrote is simply what Recruits thought about our OB

OBs used to decide MNCs the ones we played in barely moved the needle on a Nat'l basis according to the CFB Media

Recruits in State don't walk around saying that GT went to 2 OBs in the last decade

Our OBs just didn't resonate among Recruits

Unfair

I'm just giving ideas as to why Recruits weren't giddy over us going to an Orange Bowl

What I wrote is simply what Recruits thought about our OB

OBs used to decide MNCs the ones we played in barely moved the needle on a Nat'l basis according to the CFB Media

Recruits in State don't walk around saying that GT went to 2 OBs in the last decade

Our OBs just didn't resonate among Recruits

Bruh. CGC would market the bejesus out of an OB win. While recruits might start the recruiting process thinking an OB is nothing, when he's done with them, they'll be begging to be part of that.

Back