2020 Recruiting

Are we still pursuing Vaipulu? Also, if we miss on Jayson Jones, then what are the other top DT targets?

How good you feeling on each of em?

Jones seems like a pipe dream at this point from (non-insider) chatter I’ve seen.

I already include Morton in the class for projection purposes. As well as the Groce/Tisdol tandem. Seems like a lock that one of those two is in the class.

Ivey would be an upgrade over Watkins (decommit) in my eyes. In his final 5 with Stanford, Nebraska, Colorado, and Duke.

McCollum (NCSU commit) visited for USF. Pretty much everybody is a downgrade from Downs but looks like he’s a lost cause for us now. I’d rather use the scholly elsewhere, but that’s just me.

Haven’t seen much about the TE.

Hopefully we can hit the transfer market again for the OL/DL because I’m not sure how many guys are gonna be able to contribute next year (outside of shear necessity on the OL).

Are we still pursuing Vaipulu? Also, if we miss on Jayson Jones, then what are the other top DT targets?
Stackhouse is on the board but not sure how realistic that still is. We're in Reginald Perry's top 5.

Where do we stand versus the 85 limit now and for next season. Am I correct that we can only take 25 in the 2020 class. Any excess would have to enroll in January, correct?

Where do we stand versus the 85 limit now and for next season. Am I correct that we can only take 25 in the 2020 class. Any excess would have to enroll in January, correct?

We have several 2020 early enrollees, I think, so we can go over 25. We are already looking at attrition of 10 plus before 2020.

I believe the days of signing 17-20 are over. Look for 25 every year.
If we wanted to we could fill up the rest of the spots immediately. My guess is that we are holding out these last slots for some really good players if they choose to come. If not we will make more offers closer to February.

I don’t expect to lose anyone

Expect to finish the class out with

Javier Morton
Jayson Jones
Jared Ivey
Groce or Tisdol
Nate McCollum
Nick Patterson
Agree with all of this, but I think we do end up losing Watkins and I think we add another surprise name out of nowhere.

My understanding is Watkins is not a commit anymore. May have already been covered here.
You're right. I remembered that after I posted it.

Basically as long as we don't completely melt down and look like absolute dog öööö this season, I think we'll close out a really strong recruiting class.

You're right. I remembered that after I posted it.

Basically as long as we don't completely melt down and look like absolute dog öööö this season, I think we'll close out a really strong recruiting class.

^^^
giphy.gif

Back